Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony-pup update

Tony-pup update

Some of you may have seen this on FB. Tony is now posted on petfinder. He and Willy are NOT getting along. I've spoken with 3 trainers, and while I am working on the issue, it is a long term project. I'm not sure I am up to it at this time. Tony will do better in a home where he is the only pet.

I am very very sad about this. How I WISH it would work, he is a nice boy!

At least you got him out of that pesky situation he was in! You did your part.
    You can't help it if he just doesn't fit. He'll make a wonderful dog for some lucky person.
    Best of luck to Tony!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Don't feel bad! You SAVED him, and he will be forever grateful of that. Don't beat yourself up, you're doing him AND willy a favor!

Oh, I am so sorry it didn't work out for Tony. Everyone should be very grateful for all you did to improve his
    condition in life, and you did a lot. Getting him cleaned up & neutered makes him a better candidate for long term
    adoption as an only pet.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    At least you got him out of that pesky situation he was in! You did your part.
    You can't help it if he just doesn't fit. He'll make a wonderful dog for some lucky person.
    Best of luck to Tony!
    Agree agree! You rescued him from a very difficult situation. You've seen to his health care and grooming needs. Maybe he needs to be someone's "only". He will make a wonderful pet for someone.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm sorry. I'm with the rest of the folks who said you SAVED him. The time and effort you put forth on him will help him be a better dog and be more adoptable. He is so much better now than when you first got him. Still, I understand that you're sorry it has to be this way.

He is going to make someone a very good dog, and has come such a long way since you first found him. No one will blame you, and not every situation is right for every dog.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm sorry Tony isn't going to work out. You did save him from a bad situation and are making him ready for a great home.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm sorry to hear this but at least he's in a much better home while he's waiting for his new caring and loving forever home. Good luck.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Awww - that's such a shame. But feel good about the fact that you took him out of a bad situation and got him started in the right direction. I hope he finds a nice home where he can be king.

I'd take him in a heartbeat if I was staying here, since there are no pups here anymore, but there are 3 in NC already.

I sure do miss the pitter-patter of those little feet that are now absent after all these years. It's way too quiet.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

His page on Petfinder is a little confusing - is he in Massapequa, or still with you? Because the rescue group is out of Massapequa it looks like he is there - the listings says he is - and I wouldn't want any potential adopters to think he's further away than he is!
    I've Been Frosted

I know, that is the rescue that was willing to do the courtesy posting for me. Can't do much about it, it is the way Petfinder works. I 'think' is says Rhode Island someplace on there. I haven't been able to get anyone else to post him for me, have to take what is offered. Petfinder lists dogs based on the HQ of the rescue. It's always been tough for Small Paws Rescue as well, because it seems like ALL their dogs are in OK, when the foster homes are across the country.

Freedom I know how you feel. Someone asked me if I wanted to take in a little mix dog - pug and boston I think but who really knows. I said okay because I have a wee terrier who lost her two friends a while back. It only took a few days to know this was not a good idea...this little thing is only 17 mos but she wants to be top dog at all costs. We've had a number of instances where she attacked our little dog viciously. Of course we got bit prying them apart. I've given her another week but if we don't keep a sharp eye on her she just goes off for no reason that we even notice. Our dog was eager to be friends but now she's afraid to move in case that thing gets her again, she's 13 and no match for the other one. When I told the people it wasn't working out they refused to take her back so I looked for another home but not one call for her. She needs to be alone but is the sweetest, most obedient, very affectionate and very smart little pup...I would love to keep her but my vet suggested euthanizing her if I don't find a home because she is terrorizing my dog's last years and she said it was unfair to put her through these beatings...she got chewed up bad a few times. the last thing I want to do is have her put to sleep, I'll have to send someone with her because I can't do it. No shelter will take her because they say they are full up and have to put some of those dogs to sleep.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Oh Asiel, that sounds so stressful! I am sorry you too are going through this.

You have to keep them apart. Keeping a harness and leash on the one dog will help get them apart without you getting bit in the process.

Freedom, how are things with Willy and Tony? I hope they're doing okay together. Hello, Fluffs and kitties!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678