Thread: Worried About My Cat

Worried About My Cat

My cat Simba has been acting really strange for a little while now. At first we thought it was because we introduced a guinea pig into the house. He started peeing on the chair after the guinea pig did so we assumed it was a territory thing but now he won't stop. He's trained and everything I mean he's 6. Then our st. bernard got fleas and my step father didn't notice so the whole house is covered in them. We used front line plus but then we still had them after a week or so and tried another spray on kind. The weird part is how cuddly he's gotten, he likes to sleep in my room and then I left for a little bit and my mom told me he was crying but she didn't know why. Now he's curled in the corner for some reason, he's never gone there before. I'm probably just over thinking things but he's just not his usual self so I'm freaking out a little. He usually just walks around or chills out on the couch, not on a weird random spot in my room. So yeah any advice would be helpful I'm just really scared.

Are the fleas all gone now? They can lurk in carpets and upholstery, too, so be very very certain!

Is he using the litterbox again yet? If he is not, is he peeing any spot in particular? There have been a lot of changes in his world lately, I would be surprised if he wasn't acting differently!
    I've Been Frosted

Please take him to the vet for a check. He may have a bladder infection. I use Profender on my cats. It also kills tapeworms which are caused by fleas. I don't think Frontline does that.

I hope he is better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Cats can't walk up to you and say "hey, I'm not feeling so well", so oftentimes their way of letting you know something is wrong is by inappropriate behavior -- most commonly presented as inappropriate urination.

Fleas can take awhile to get rid of. If you're having problems, chances are that they are in your household. Flea pupae can lie dormant for MONTHS before hatching. We recommend that clients use a flea preventative for at LEAST 3 consecutive months on ALL PETS in the household (even indoor kitties) along with vigorous household vacuuming, laundry, etc, on a nearly daily basis to get rid of the flea population in the house hold. Noteworthy is that you may still see a tick or flea on your pet with frontline... it does not mean the product isn't working, but the flea/tick must bite the pet in order to die.

In any case... I strongly recommend a vet visit pronto. Cats are so good at hiding illnesses, that by the time you're seeing clinical signs, it can be bad (or it could be nothing... but nobody knows this over the internet, so to the vet you go!).

facebook

Have you changed his litter? Is the box in a quiet, private place? Is he declawed?

If you answered no to these questions, you need to take him to the vet and rule out a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Blog Entries

it's okay

Don't worry honey, cat's are CATS. They do whatever they please, sounds like normal behavior to me. The peeing part however, another litter box is all that springs to mind.