Thread: Hector has been cleared for surgery tomorrow!

Hector has been cleared for surgery tomorrow!

For anyone who doesn't know who Hector is http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-hector-recover

Hector is one heck of a little fighter! He has improved so much since arriving at the rescue. He eats better, and is a lot more active. So the vet believes he is strong enough for surgery on all 4 limbs!

Please keep him in your throughts, as he has to be awake for his surgeries, as putting him under is too risky (for all turtles). He'll get lots of pain meds and will get locals, so he wont feel a thing. But I'm sure it'll be scary for the little guy, but he'll feel sooooo much better once its all over.

Our vet will also keep him over night to ensure he is ok, as 4 surgeries is a lot for a wee thing to go through.

Oh, such good news! He will be in our prayers for sure! Sending air kisses to Hector!
    I've Been Frosted

He didn't survive the surgery. The vet tried for 14hrs to save him.

Aww, rest in peace, dear boy. Be born into a new healthy shell and body, and find the nicest pond up there at the Rainbow Bridge. Your story touched us all.
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no! Poor little guy, he was lucky that you guys gave him a shot at a better life.