Thread: Sorry for the absence. Sad news about One Down.

Sorry for the absence. Sad news about One Down.

Hey again, guys. It's been QUITE some time since I last posted here. Sorry, had been busy with quite a lot of things lately. I did drop by at times but rarely ever posted. Sorry about that..
    Well, the news about One Down, isn't a good one. He's growing old and got sick a lot lately. In the beginning of summer, he had tumor like thing on the side of neck and bled profusely. He visited the vet quite a lot. His healing was slow because of the humid and hot weather. He wouldn't let the bandage stay on. After he finally recovered properly, he became the same old playful One Down again. But, then yesterday, our manservant went into the balcony and found One Down bleeding from the side of his neck. There was a hole like wound. One Down wouldn't let himself be touched. He soon became weak and was taken off to the doctor as soon as it could be possible. I had to attend a language class and then when I returned home, I was studying with my mother when One Down returned from the doctor. My cousin called me and asked me how I was and stuff like that. Her chicken had to visit the doctor so it went along with One Down, so, my cousin knew what One Down's reports were. She then told me One Down wasn't going to survive and that he had cancer and so she was like "Aren't you going to cry?" and "What're you going to do now?" At first I thought she had heard some exaggerated news. After the phone call, I rushed outside and went through his reports. He had some cancer or tumor or something of the jaw, I couldn't quite understand it. but, it said that the chance of survival was 20%. :'( T_T At first I couldn't quite absorb what I had read, but, after thinking a little deeply, and realizing there won't be a goofy eared little munchkin around soon, I burst into tears. There won't be that cute little doggy on the other side of the window door, giving me a high five with his wee little paw. There are tears in my eyes even now. I've been in a bad mood lately and couldn't even study properly. But, I'll keep on praying with all my heart because there is still a 20% chance of survival. There is still hope, so, please pray for One Down's health and life as well. God bless this dear one. Aameen!!
    Sorry for not posting at all for so long and then coming back with such bad news. I'll try coming online whenever possible and will try posting more often as well..

Oh, dear, sweetie, it sounds like it might be his time to go. We will say a prayer that the right thing happens, poor One Down, and the vets are able to help him. Give him a kiss from us.
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I have been thinking about you for a while. It is good to see a post from you, even under these circumstances.
    I will say a prayer for One Down, for him to not be in any pain especially. ((hugs)) to you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I will say a prayer for you and One Down, too, Sana. ((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It doesn't sound good for One Down. I'm sorry for both of you.

Prayers for One Down. I know the vets and you will do what is best for him, whatever that may be.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh Sana, I'm so sorry. I will keep One Down and you in my prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

So sorry to hear about One Down. Hugz to you and your family and prayers for One Down.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and cyber hugs
    I was really excited about telling you guys how the day after One Down came back from the vet, he wasn't eating well at first. He didn't eat anything at all, and then at around noon, he was given food again, and this time he ate quite well! In the afternoon, he was really nice and obedient while our uncle applied medicine to his neck as the vet had told him to. He lied down and didn't bother at all. This happened on the 20th of August. It was Squirtle's third death anniversary, and so, I couldn't really turn on Pettalk that day.
    On the morning of 21st of August, I was about to make my breakfast, and all along I was really excited about telling you guys how One Down ate properly and had been a good boy the day before. Just then our uncle came and told me One Down had passed away in the night. It still brings tears to my eyes as I think of that moment, even though it's been a week since then. I couldn't really believe what I had heard. I asked him if he was sure and wasn't mistaken or anything. I went out to see him as well, and he was right...One Down wasn't moving. He had passed away.. I don't know for how long I cried after that and till now, I am not able to believe that he's not here anymore. I agree with my cousin, who felt pretty sad as well. She said that she couldn't really believe that One Down would ever leave. It really felt impossible that One Down would ever leave us. I couldn't really picture him not being here. Every time I look outside the window door, where he and I did high-fives, I can't really believe that One Down won't come running to the window and stand on his hind legs and give me one ever again...
    He came to us as a little puppy and turned double digits this year. He was a big old boy, and we knew it would soon be time for him to leave us. Thank you again everyone for your prayers. Rest in peace, One Down, you are greatly missed and loved.

Oh Sana, I'm so sorry. One Down will be missed. Only time will help to ease your pain. You will never forget him.
    One Down will live forever in your heart.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am so sorry to read about your troubles with One Downs health and his untimely death. Rest in peace, sweetie!

So sorry to hear your sad news Sana. One down will always be in your heart. Lots of love to you
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm so sorry, Sana. Hugs.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography