Thread: So You Think You Can Dance this year

So You Think You Can Dance this year

Anyone watching SYTYCD this year? Do you like the new one show a week format? I find I do not like it, and it seems much less to discuss with others and think about between shows. And of course it means we only get one Cat Deely outfit per week to either marvel over or puzzle at ... anyone has any favorites this season?

I am so surprised the judges keep saving that ballroom brunette dancer, when she has been consistently voted in the bottom. This is theoretically America's favorite dancer, no? You all telling us to love her isn't going to work. She's perfectly fine, and competent, but, eh ... I don;t even, as you can tell, remember her name from week to week!

And I am thrilled both Jasmine and Aaron are doing so well, they were apparently partnered because of height reasons, but made that work very well, and I hope they continue to thrive with the AllStars.

I wonder how they chose the "all stars" as some of them just seem to be former contestants who did passably well ...
    I've Been Frosted

I'm enjoying this season. I kind of like the one show format. I never really enjoyed a whole show of recaps just to see who gets kicked off. so I kind of like how they do it now.

Loving the all stars... especially Twitch and OMG Alex Wong was on the show. SO excited to see him all healed up and back at it.

Jasmine is my favorite. She is so beautiful and elegant and I love her smile.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I usually don't pick a favorite, but I agree, Jasmine's smile is just soooo joyful, even when you know she is working really hard during the dance!

I am sooooo not graceful myself, so can admire those who are!
    I've Been Frosted

My favorite girl is/was Amy and Malese.
    My favorite guy is Aaron and Fik-shun.

The ballroom dancer you are thinking of is Jenna. And I only remember her name because she has been in the bottom every week.

I also like the once a week format. I'm just glad they changed it after the first week and wait until the end of the show to eliminate the people. I thought it was HORRIBLE to make them dance after they'd been kicked off.

Personally, I can do with as little of Cat Deeley as possible. She is a bit annoying to me. She is funny, but can be a bit much. Same with Mary Murphy!

I was so happy to see Alex Wong dance again too! I wish Jeanine Mason would come back. But she is busy shooting TV shows I guess.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I just gotta say, I read the title and thought to myself "I am pretty darn sure I can dance this year... last year I danced perfectly fine."
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    I just gotta say, I read the title and thought to myself "I am pretty darn sure I can dance this year... last year I danced perfectly fine."
    Never could dance, I think I am permanently doomed.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I was not surprised by who went home last night's show, were you? I did feel a bit bad for the male dancer, but seeing as his partner for many weeks was the female kicked off this week, maybe folks weren't too impressed by him. He seems talented and athletic enough in his own style, but never was challenged too much by the other styles he performed.

I thought the "inspiration" pieces were nice for the folks being honored, and at least the dancers seemed honest about it - teachers, friends and parents all figured in more than any celebrities.

Was also kinda happy to hear the engagement mentioned - they both seem like good, talented people and at least we know they have dance in common!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I was not surprised by who went home last night's show, were you? I did feel a bit bad for the male dancer, but seeing as his partner for many weeks was the female kicked off this week, maybe folks weren't too impressed by him. He seems talented and athletic enough in his own style, but never was challenged too much by the other styles he performed.

I thought the "inspiration" pieces were nice for the folks being honored, and at least the dancers seemed honest about it - teachers freinds and parents all figured in more than any celebrities.

Was also kinda happy to hear the engagement mentioned - they both seem like good, talented people and at least we know they have dance in common!
    I must have missed that. What engagement? Do you mean Twitch?

I was surprised by the guy that went home. I really thought it was going to be the other guy.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    I must have missed that. What engagement? Do you mean Twitch?

I was surprised by the guy that went home. I really thought it was going to be the other guy.
    Twitch and Allison are now engaged! It was mentioned during the segment Allison danced in, and was awfully cute! That seems to mean any kids they have will be born dancers!
    I've Been Frosted

So what did you think of last night's eliminations? I was not surprised at the girl who went home, but was somewhat surprised at which guy went home. But I would have been even more surprised if the other guy had gone home, who might not be technically the best, but brings such joy to every performance that it is charming!
    I've Been Frosted

I am pleased with the top four!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Okay, anyone watching this year?

Anyone watching So You Think You Can Dance this season?

It's funny, I just bought a couple songs on iTunes because they have been in my head since the show ... which I never do for American Idol or The Voice, somehow!

Still early in the season - do you have any favorites yet?
    I've Been Frosted