Thread: Caring businesses still exist

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Caring businesses still exist

Owning a business is all about making money, and in this day and age, too many of them have lost their ability to care about anything except the almighty dollar, and forget that Mr Consumer is who puts that almighty dollar in their pocket. More of them could do well to take a lesson from one business who I dealt with, that went above and beyond to accommodate my situation.

My dear little Myndi was a sweetheart - except when it came to taking pills. She would find every way possible to spit one out, no matter what I did and how I tried to hide it. She was on Tramadol for the pain of her arthritis in her legs and spine - a very bitter tasting pill, and I couldn't even grind it up and put in her food - because then she wouldn't eat the food. After all tricks were exhausted, I asked her vet if it could be compounded in a cream to rub in her ear. She checked it out with a compounding pharmacy up state - they could do it - and so that's how we finally fooled The Myn. She was now getting her pain med all the time as she needed it, and it was hassle free.

When she was taking the Tramadol in pill form, it cost me $9 per month at Walgreens - now I paid $40 per month for the pre-measured doses of the cream. Since it was made up in 3 month batches, that was $120 plus $10 UPS shipping to me. Somewhat pricey, but at least I knew that she was getting every dose now as she should.

Last week she was down to her last week's worth, so on Thursday I called in for the refill. It would be delivered Friday afternoon. Well as some of you know, on Friday morning my little Myndi made the journey to RB. As I was sitting here alone on Friday afternoon, lost in my thoughts, I realized that her med would be here later in the day - all $130 worth that would now go to waste.

Pharmacies don't do returns on drugs - do they???? It was a shot in the dark - nothing ventured/nothing gained - so I decided to call the pharmacy to see if there was anything I or they could do. I explained my situation to the girl that answered - she put me on hold and went to the owner - and came back and told me - "no problem". All I had to do was to refuse the package (don't accept or open it), and when they got it back, they would credit my credit card. I was floored! - and extremely grateful. That's money that will be used toward Myndi's cremation expense.

Wednesday I got a call back from the pharmacy - they received the package back and were verifying my card #, and then went on to tell me how sorry they were about what happened - asked about Myndi - her age and a little about her etc, and were so very compassionate. I got the original purchase receipt and also the refund receipt in the mail yesterday. Not only did they refund the price of the med, but also their cost of shipping it to me. Absolutely amazing and pretty much unheard of - don't hear of much treatment such as that anymore!

Just thought I'd share a GOOD experience with a business - you hear of so many bad ones all the time it seems. If I hadn't taken a chance and made that call, I never would have known.......
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Awww, how very nice of them! They deserves public plaudits for sure!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, what a nice gesture on their part!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Lovely! How good of them.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How very nice of them! I'm surprised! Yes, it is quite unusual to find a business that will actually go a bit out of their way to help. It's nice to know there are still businesses that care! I hope you are doing ok. It's raining here, a drizzly day, 70 temp.

Very good indeed!

It is true, meds by mail you can decline to accept and return unopened. Usually we don't have the need to do that, however.

That they also refunded the shipping is fantastic!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Very good indeed!

It is true, meds by mail you can decline to accept and return unopened. Usually we don't have the need to do that, however.

That they also refunded the shipping is fantastic!
    I could understand perhaps refunding on a "standard" medication, but since this was compounded and in a specific dose just for her too, then I thought I would have as much chance as a snowball in h3!!. Glad I was wrong!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

How wonderful! There are people and businesses with hearts!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That floored me Ellie--- I can see a regular med but as you say, it was dose measured specifically for Myndi so it really surprised me to read your post. To say that it seems no one cares anymore is an understatement, especially with companies who are in business to make money as fast as they can- This reafirms my faith in people, like you said, there are still some caring folks out there, hopefully there always will be a few.
    So glad things worked out this way for you, it will be a big help towards Myndi's cremation. Sure wish we had a place where we could have our fur friends cremated... what a heartwarming post--thanks for sharing Pom
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so glad that everything worked out for you and that they were so compassionate.