Thread: Mikey Pics and an Update! :)

Mikey Pics and an Update! :)

So I got an early birthday gift, a brand new, upgraded Superzoom camera. It's like one step above a point and shoot, and one step below a DSLR. More specifically a Nikon L820. I am attempting to get into wilderness/wildlife photography for a blog I run, so I needed a better camera than just an underwater point and shoot with 5x zoom. This camera has 130x zoom! So it's almost as good as a DSLR, I just don't have to buy stupid extra lenses.

Anyway, I finished my COLLEGE level MATH class with a B-, did you ever think I'd ever get a B of any sort in a college level math, because I didn't?

These were taken a few hours ago at Allaire State Park here in NJ. Some are goofy and some he looks really obese in, but rest assured, he's not!

He's tied up to a picnic table LOL he isn't off leash. That was also almost full-zoom so they're surprisingly super clear!
    Here's some assorted wildlife photos:

Midflying! Not too bad!

Anyways, I'll probably share more wildlife pictures with you as soon as I get them, or just my pictures in general. School starts in a week so I may not be on as much so I thought I'd post a few now.

Mikey also says "HAPPY BELATED NATIONAL DOG DAY!"
    Last edited by Alysser; 08-27-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Wow! That makes me jealous I love photography...right now I have a Fujifilm Finepix S4500 with a 30X zoom, but I will never buy Fujifilm again. Every one I've ever had quit way too soon, and I got horrible service from the company.
    Those are some awesome pics! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure Mikey was begging you to stop taking pictures and untie him from the picnic table. Lol
    And Happy Early Birthday!!!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

How many times do we have to tell you, Mikey is NOT obese! Nor does he look it!!

Happy Birthday, fantastic pressie. And thank you for sharing it with us! What a great set of shots. The ones of Mikey are so SHARP. My first digital camera is now 6+ years old, so much has improved. Now I am thinking . . . . lol. Just remember copying is the highest form of flattery (or something like that).

Love the wildlife photos too. Seeing that in flight shot has me sold!

Well done Alysser, I remember how nervous / concerned you were about Math. GREAT JOB!!!

Your pictures are wonderful - love the nature ones My favorites are the ones of Mikey, though. He is a total sweetheart

Hi, Mikey sweety! These are terrific pictures, so clear and sharp! You look happy and smiley to me

(((HUGS)))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Where to start? The pics from your new camera are simply fantabulous!!!! Mikey is absolutely adorable, as always - my favourite boy!! And congrats on the stupendous math mark - a job very well done my dear!

I do hope the new camera will bring us loads more of your pics to enjoy.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Congratulations on the new camera! And you have the most handsome puggle as your subject to practice on.
    I am totally looking forward to seeing some more wildlife pictures (and more of Mikey, too), so keep them coming!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Great pics! Enjoy your new camera. As usual, to me your Mikey looks as if he's smiling--cute dog. BTW Congrats on the B- in math. Good job!!

Great pictures, I never get good dragonfly ones - and I know it is not my camera's fault!
    I've Been Frosted

Looking good Mikey! Those pictures are all great! Glad you got a new camera!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I always love seeing Mikey's face! congrats on getting your new camera.