Thread: Buddy update

Buddy update

Hi everybody! It's Buddy here! It's been two months since Mommy found out I am blind. I'm not doing very good. When I try to play, I end up banging my head, or my nose, on something. So now I just sleep most of the time. It's safer. Mommy is sad about something. She was cuddling me, and she was telling me something about how she can't be here for me often enough because of work, and how hopefully my new family will have more time for me. I don't know why she was crying, so I licked her face and made her laugh. But even her laugh was sad. She told me this morning to enjoy my last day as a man cuz I get neutered tomorrow. Whatever that means! But it's time to go pester Lolli. Owww! I banged my nose on the doorway and tripped over my feed bowl. I guess I'll go sleep under the bush again.

Yup! I've made the incredibly difficult decision to re-home Buddy. A Springer rescue is going to find a wonderful home for him. I get to be his foster mom until he gets adopted. He's a happy boy when I am with him, but I'm just not home very much. It breaks my hears to see him get so depressed. I know he'll find a wonderful home! It makes the decision a bit easier, knowing it's best for him, but it is still heartbreaking. Thanks for reading!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

What an incredibly hard decision, but as long as its made from the heart, then its the right decision. I think it takes a lot of guts to admit he would be better off in another home. Maybe they can find someone with experience with a blind dog!

Best of luck to Buddy.

((((HUGS))))
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Awww, you and he will be in our prayers. I am sure he will find a home with someone who can help him adjust to his blindness. Some dogs do so seamlessly, others, like Buddy, sadly do not. We know this is a hard decision, but you will have to tell his future family about Pet Talk, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks!!! I will make sure his new family finds out about PT, and I will keep you all updated, too. I dropped him off at the vet this morning. He was less nervous about going than he usually is...poor guy is in for a surprise! Lolli isn't sure she knows what to do without him, I think that's a bad sign for when he leaves So we're spoiling her rotten. Hopefully someday soon I can get a rescue pup! But right now I can't afford it. Thanks for your prayers, we'll need them. I'll try to let you know how he's doing after his vet visit

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Okay! hope it all goes well!
    I've Been Frosted

Buddy's neuter went well. He got his stitches taken out on Friday and they said he's looking good Never got a dog neutered before so I was a little worried he'd chew at his stitches, but he did great!

A couple from the rescue came to meet/evaluate him on Sunday afternoon and they loved him. I was proud of him...he made a great first impression on them. Sometimes he gets a little shy when new people come, but he loved them! He's available for adoption now, so we're just waiting for the right family to come along. It's finally hitting me that this is real; that my boy isn't gonna be here much longer. Somebody else will be getting those cuddles and hi-fives, and laughing at how silly he gets. And I've cried a lot over this. When he is settled in his new home and they tell me how well he's doing, then I'll know I did the right thing. But until then, this is really hard!

Thanks for your prayers everybody!

Awww, good update! He's such a good boy, he deserves a safer home!
    I've Been Frosted

Hi again! Just another update on Buddy...he recovered great from his neutering, and is a happy bouncy boy. He has 2 people interested in him right now, so we're just waiting for one of them to decide whether or not she will welcome him into her heart and home! Letting go will still be so hard, but I am certain it will be the best thing I can do for Buddy. Here are a few pictures I took on Friday.
    This one makes me laugh every time I see it. He jumped just as I took the picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silly Buddy.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	57162
    Waiting for a treat

Name:	DSCF5517.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	57163
    Just looking handsome

Name:	DSCF55211.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	57164
    Thanks for looking...have a great week!

The other day I was wondering how Buddy was doing so I'm happy to see this update! Glad to hear he is doing well and has some people interested in him. I don't blame them, he is adorable! Fingers crossed that all goes well.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Hello Buddy! Nice to see you looking so happy! Best of luck finding your forever family!! <3

Buddy has a new mom!!! It could be a few weeks yet until he goes to live with her, but she definitely wants him! She lives in Michigan and is a single woman who will take him to work with her every day. He's gonna be her constant companion! I think it is the perfect home for him.

Quote Originally Posted by lolli94 View Post
    Buddy has a new mom!!! It could be a few weeks yet until he goes to live with her, but she definitely wants him! She lives in Michigan and is a single woman who will take him to work with her every day. He's gonna be her constant companion! I think it is the perfect home for him.
    Oh, that sounds perfect! That way he would have her presence all day! I hope it all works out!
    I've Been Frosted

Buddy moves to his new home on October 27. I will take him part-way to Indianapolis, where we will meet a volunteer. She will take him to the IN representative for ESRA, who will take him to meet his new mom. It will be a big day for him, so if you remember, please say a prayer that everything will go smoothly and that he bonds with his new mom quickly.

He's doing well now, most of the time. He seems to have adjusted to his blindness. There are still things that happen to him because he's blind though. For example- last night Lolli found a bag of meat that was supposed to go in the garbage. Being blind, Buddy apparently couldn't see that he was in her territory (she can get very possessive) and couldn't read her warning body language. By the time we got them separated, Lolli was limping and Buddy was licking a bloody nose. Thankfully, they're best friends again this morning!

Have a great day!

Awww, good luck to Buddy, and do send a note to tell his new people about Pet Talk, so maybe they can update us as he adjusts to his new home! Prayers that it all goes well!
    I've Been Frosted