Thread: Hi again PT!

Hi again PT!

Hi all! It's been a while since I've been on Pet Talk! Thought I'd drop in and say hi, and update you guys on my crew!

We recently suffered a huge loss and lost our dear Kaedyn in June. He was estimated to be anywhere between 16-18 years old. I had him for almost 10 years so while my heart is hurting deeply over the loss, I found peace in knowing he lived a very long life and got to live in a love filled home for almost 10 years.

The rest of my crew is doing well and we just recently celebrated Kwik's 2nd birthday as well as Kai's 11th birthday. Time flies! Some of you might even remember when I got Kai as a puppy!

The last time we were on Pet Talk, Kwik as just a wee little thing..

Now she's a beautiful full grown Malinois!

My other Malinois, Keeva, is turning 7 in October. We're still training and competing in agility and having a blast!

And my precious Kai is happy and healthy. Can't believe he's 11 already!

Aaaaaaaaaaaand... we're adding another Malinois to our family soon! We're on a list for puppies due in the first week of September, so my new puppy will be coming in the beginning of November! We're just getting out of the puppy phase with Kwik and now I'm getting ready to raise another puppy.. and another working bred Malinois on top of that! I must be a sucker for punishment! I'm very excited as I've never had a pup at 8 weeks! We will be training for agility mainly but I hope to try out a bunch of sports - flyball, K9 Nosework, competitive obedience, Rally-O.. very, very excited!

Happy to be back to PT and will make an effort to post more from now on!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Good to see you back Ashley!!! I love seeing your pups! Another Malinois? You sure have the energy girl to keep up with three of them!
    I'm sorry about Kaedyn. Kai is still so adorable! Happy Birthday to Kwik! Wow, so much info! Keep the updates and pics coming, please!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hello kiddies . Ohhhh decided on another Mal lol, you are a brave woman Ashley .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Gorgeous dogs! I admire you for being able to handle such high energy dogs. I have one lazy puppy and I give thanks every day for the fact that he isn't hyperactive like most dogs his age.
    Glad to see you posting again!

Sorry to hear about Kaedyn. It seems like so many PT pups have passed on recently.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Awww, good to hear from you, and to see everyone! Now, how does that math work? Is having 3 Malinois like having 2, because they will keep each other busy, or is it like having 8?
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Awww, good to hear from you, and to see everyone! Now, how does that math work? Is having 3 Malinois like having 2, because they will keep each other busy, or is it like having 8?
    Ahh.. that depends on the day. :P Keeva is such a good girl and is happy to sleep all day if I let her, but she's always ready to go work for hours at a moment's notice. Kwik is busy, busy, busy and a typical herding dog who will find a job if I don't give her one.. so she can get a little unruly sometimes. Normally Keeva keeps Kwik in check if she's being a brat, though sometimes they egg each other on and it's like having many, many more dogs.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]