Thread: Cats and Babies!

Cats and Babies!

I was happy this weekend to visit with my newest "nephew" in the world - no actual relation, but the first child for the little girl I nannied when I was in college. Calvin is now 14 days old, and his two older siblings are kitties, both rescue cats of course, Annie - a large tuxedo gal, and Lily, a shy white girl with pretty golden eyes. I was able to assure them that the old myth of cats smothering babies as they sleep was a myth - Annie currently outweighs little Calvin. But she was pretty insistently biting at his socks when I was there, and Calvin's daddy wondered why. I think she was trying to take those things off his feet - Miss Hoppy sometimes did that with Paul!

I remember LH's kitties hiding upstairs for the first two weeks when they brought their first baby home (it smelled different and made that NOISE!!!! the horror!!!!) ... how do your cats react to new babies?
    I've Been Frosted

This reminds me of John and me looking after my friends' baby (Ditte) when she was three weeks old. They lived very close by, so we had her in our flat. We also had a sweet tabby boy called Sir Patrick. As soon as Ditte made the slightest noise, Sir Patrick was terrified.

Ditte, who is now 29 is 6 months pregnant. I doubt I'll get to look after her baby, though.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

That's all I can say. Little Leona is now a tall 4 year old (her mom and dad are really tall free climbers ) and here she is with her best friend Picco who unfortunately passed away in the mean time- but I am sure she will always remember him- and of course there are new cat friends in her life.