Thread: Training my kitten

Training my kitten

I have this kitten she is around 13-15 weeks old ive had her since she was 7 weeks. Shes getting to the point were she is jumping on the table an counters and biting and scratching me alot more than normal. I can be laying perfectly still and she will run up and bite my arm multiple times and claw me. I have plenty of cat toys a cat tree and i run around the house having her follow shoestrings and such. I want to know if there is anyway i can train her to stay off the counters and not hurt me. I dont want to pop her like my dad says but if theirs no other option i guess i will >_> i jus dont wanna hurt my baby

Do NOT "pop" her like your dad recommends. Keeping her off counters can be done, a spray bottle with some water in it may deter her. Or clapping your hands loud to startle her, things like that. Of course keeping anything tempting off the counters is a good idea, too!

She needs to learn biting and scratching you is not going to get good results. Always have a toy nearby to offer her, and if she scratches or bites you, withdraw and stop playing. She's just a kitten, you'll have to do this repeatedly, but she will get it sooner or later!
    I've Been Frosted

Karen gave you some good advice, but it takes time and patience. A lazer pen might be something she'll enjoy, too. Keep her active and tire her out before bedtime.

Good luck!

It's a shame she was taken from her mother so early.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.