Thread: Towser the Terror/Reflections on Ethan

Towser the Terror/Reflections on Ethan

Towser isn't that much of a terror, but he can be a turd! He just turned 9 months old and he is still very much a puppy. I love it, though. C:

Towser is one of those dogs determined to find a way to get what they want. He'll jump on counters, tables, etc.

Like I said, though, he isn't always a troublemaker! Here he is comforting Khaith when he was sick and in quarantine from the other cats. He has always had a bond with Khaith... then again, its hard not to love that boy.

Mom always asks "Now are you sure he isn't a dalmation?" lol. When he is wet you can really see his spots!

Gaah, he looks so grown up here. He had just helped me do errands around town so I took him to the park for being a good boy.

If I leave the light on for the hermit crab tank while I sleep I quickly found that I am awaken by this....

Needless to say, the light gets shut off now!
    This dog is a nut. First turtles, then crabs, and the other day he was barking at a dishrag left on the kitchen counter.

I don't know why, but lately it is really hitting me hard that Ethan is gone. Its been over two months... Still, I was at work the other night (graveyard shift) and I just broke down crying out of nowhere because he popped in my mind. I miss him so so bad. I had such a connection with him... he only liked me and I was very protective of him in return because a lot of people didn't understand him. The odd thing was when I got home my roommate told me that she heard the strangest thing. A couple hours after I left she heard a dog barking that sounded just like Ethan. If you knew Ethan, you knew his bark. It was very distinct. My roommate had lived with him for over a year, so she knew what she was talking about. She said it sounded really close but she couldn't find any dogs outside.
    Not long after Ethan passed away I heard the same thing when I was thinking about him. We might be crazy... or there might be a dog around with a similar bark... but I like to think its him reminding us that he's around.

Here are a few photos that I don't think I ever got around to sharing...

Ethan meeting Towser for the first time. The way Ethan is creeping on the poor pup makes me laugh. I miss this dog so much....

But soon they became best bros. Ethan taught him a lot.

This photo is bittersweet. I remember it was the first day I really noticed he wasn't keeping weight on like he should. Its hard to notice things like that when you see him every day...

The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Oh, I have one more video to post! It makes me laugh because it is the epitome of Ethan and Towser together.
    Ethan is ripping up a box and Towser proceeds to finish the little pieces of cardboard off.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Awww, Towser is adorable and Ethan was such a handsome boy. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to still feel them close to you, and a little over two months isn't that long. I think it's normal that you're still grieving.

Love Towser's spots!

It's funny how much more obvious his spots are when he's wet! He's got that stealth Dalmatian thing going!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow Towser is growing into such a handsome boy . I just love his spots, especially in the bath lol.

Big hugs. It takes time to grieve our furry friends, especially with them being such a big part in our lives. I am sure Ethan is watching over you and Towser.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thanks for sharing the photos! I <3 the one of Towser all wet in the bath.

The one of Ethan's ashes made my heart hurt. ((Hugs))

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Thanks so much, guys. I know I'm still grieving Ethan's passing. Its getting better, and I know it just takes time. He'll always be in my heart and thats what matters... he's never truly gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It's funny how much more obvious his spots are when he's wet! He's got that stealth Dalmatian thing going!
    Its official, thats what I'll call him... a stealth Dalmation! I constantly get asked what breed he is and I never really know what to say except "No clue".
    The Minions: