Thread: Quanto

Quanto

Police dog dies after early morning stabbing Edmonton Police Service Dog Quanto was killed while helping to capture a suspect early Monday morning. Quanto is seen in this supplied undated image.

Chris Gardner, CTV Edmonton
    Published Monday, October 7, 2013 8:44AM MDT
    Last Updated Monday, October 7, 2013 9:22AM MDT

A police service dog with the EPS Canine Unit has been killed after being injured during a takedown early Monday morning.

Edmonton police say Quanto was deployed after a suspect abandoned his vehicle following a pursuit that ended in a parking lot near RCMP headquarters.

The suspect allegedly stabbed the dog, possibly more than once, while attempting to escape.

Quanto was rushed to Edmonton Veterinarian's Emergency Clinic but died en route.

Police have the suspect in custody and say he is facing numerous charges, including possession of stolen property and criminal flight.

Quanto, a 5-year-old, had been a member of the Edmonton Police canine unit for the last three years. Quanto's handler was Cst. Matt Willilamson.

Quanto joins 4 other Police Service Dogs who were lost in the line of duty: PSD Brix, PSD Titus, PSD Arry, PSD Caeser.

The Edmonton Police Canine Unit was officially formed in 1967, although it got it's start almost 5 years earlier (in 1963) thanks to Maynard Vallevand and his dog Sarge who became the first team.

Read more: http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/police-do...#ixzz2h3cq425P
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awww, rest in peace, handsome boy! We know you will be much missed, but your legacy will live on, and the man responsible is already in the custody of your fellow officers.
    I've Been Frosted

RIP beautiful boy! Thank you for your loyalty and service to our country! My heart is breaking for your wonderful life that ended so soon!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers