Thread: Myndi, my love - Godspeed

Hybrid View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Myndi, my love - Godspeed

Myndi
    1/24/1996 ~ 8/9/2013

Myndi departed this world as we know it, at 9:55 a.m. on Friday, August 9, 2013, all the while laying comfortably and peacefully in my arms. She is now enjoying the beautiful Rainbow Bridge with her brother Sparky at her side.

Myndi came into my life the day before Thanksgiving in 1996. She was still a baby - only 10 months old - and in need of a home, so I stepped forward and offered. The rest is history. I knew nothing about her, other than the fact that she was absolutely adorable, but I soon learned all about her. She was very smart, a diva, drama queen, bossy brat (in an endearing sort of way), stubborn, strong, determined, and gotta be the center of attention type. But all of that worked very well for her and added to her charm.

She was a "house hound" - never liked the outdoors, even in the nice weather. Even when I had an outside fenced in play area built for her and Sparky, she hated that too. She and Sparky both would stand at the gate and look sad and forlorn and act like they were being banished from the house, and just wait for me to let them out. About the longest they ever stayed in it at one time, was about an hour. The area was eventually demolished due to lack of use/interest.

Since Myndi was an only canine child and I was still a working pet mom, I decided she needed a companion to keep her company during the day when I was at work. Enter Sparky in 1999. Being that she was so possessive, I didn't know if it would work out. I introduced them, and after about 10 or 15 minutes, Myndi decided to keep him - on her terms, of course. In those few minutes she set down the ground rules and let him know that she was boss - and would always be the Alpha Dog. He signed the agreement and they went on to live a typical big sister/little brother life together, complete with squabbles and disagreements from time to time.

She was a relatively healthy dog. She had bad knees, but that never slowed her down until later in life when they became arthritic, but pain meds managed that very well. Several years ago she had a near fatal health issue with an intestinal bleed, but within a couple of weeks and meds and a special diet, she was bouncing around like nothing had ever happened. She shocked us all - including her vet - by even surviving. This is when she earned the nickname of "Miracle Myndi". She had other silly nicknames such as Minnie-Minnie, Myn, The Myn, Jaws, Ninners, Ninner Nuts, Blackie, Hairy Black Spider, etc. She recognized some of the ones used more frequently.

Myndi was a devoted and loving little companion, and showed me this in so many ways over the years. When she was still quite young, I was very ill for an extended period of time, and mostly confined to bed. Every day she would jump up on the bed and burrow her way under the blanket to the foot of the bed, and lay at my feet for hours on end. Other times if I was sick or just down in spirit, she seemed to sense it and tried to do something to cheer me.

And then she started getting old, and we encountered the slowly failing health. Thankfully it was a slow process for her, and she refused to succumb to old age without a fight. There were the aging kidneys that didn't work up to par, but major problems were kept at bay with a special diet. She also developed a heart murmur, but it never progressed into CHF as Sparky's did. However, her heart was slowing down and becoming less efficient, and no meds or special diet can reverse that, so of course that slowed her down little by little. No one could believe that she was almost 18. She sure didn't act it, and being the strong and determined dog that she was, she stayed happy and bouncy right up to the end. The spirit was still strong and willing, but the heart ran out of energy.

And with that, the "Era of the Fuzzbuttz" has come to an end. What a grand time and wonderful ride it was!!! I'll forever love and miss both of those little hairballs. My life will never be quite the same, but I am grateful to them both for changing and enriching it.

Myndi - my pretty girl - I miss you so much. I understand that you had to leave - you were just so old and getting so tired. You have earned your rest and the whole new and exciting journey with your brother and lots of new friends that you will meet at RB. I promise you that we will all be together again one day. Farewell for now, but never good-bye.................

Kisses, hugs, cuddles, and more kisses from me and your favorite person, Steve. We will both love you and miss you forever. I keep listening for the tinkle, tinkle of the tags on your collar, but I don't hear them anymore.

p.s.
    Myn - this is a secret so don't tell Steve. He asked me if he could have one of the tags that was on your collar, and of course I said "yes". He took the dog bone shaped one that has your name, address and phone # engraved on it, and put it on the keyring with his motorcycle key. You can't get much of a higher honor than that.
    post #8484

Name:  Myndi portrait.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  40.8 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Rest in peace, Myndi, love - you go find Uncle Mac - I am positive he'll have a treat to give you. He had a very soft spot for assertive M girls - that'll be Molly, his Border Collie, next to him.

You kept you mom - and all of us, in stitches with your posts on Pet Talk, and earned yourself a permanent place in many hearts. We know you are young again, and free of pain, bossing Sparky around again with delight!

Play nice, pretty girl!
    I've Been Frosted

Rest in peace, darling Myndi. What a wonderful long life you lived, full of love and adventure! And what a wonderful story you have made, told so well by your mom Ellie who loves you so very much.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} to you, Ellie, and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ from the cats. May your precious memories of Myndi and Sparky help to bring you comfort. They are playing together at the Rainbow Bridge and are awaiting that Grand Reunion to come One Fine Day. Love is eternal and you are together always.

God bless, and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry that you have lost Myndi. I was just reading the story of her bath and that came as a huge shock.
    How nice to read that her little bone tag will be kept on a keyring. What a wonderful idea.
    Rest in peace Myndi.

I am so sorry Ellie. God certainly blessed your Myndi with a long happy life with you to love her with your whole heart and you did.
    A loving relationship cannot be any better than that. Rest in peace sweet Myndi. (((Hugs))) to you Ellie.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh, Ellie. The tears are flowing. I am so sad to hear this. While I knew she had lived a full life, I didn't see this coming, at all. Like Liz, I had just read her bath thread. May the many memories you shared with Myndi, and Sparky, fill your heart with some sense of peace. You will be united again, and until that day, know you have two special little doggies looking over you. Much love, Johanna

Ellie, I am so shocked and saddened by the news of Myndi's passing. My heart breaks for you. Please accept my sincere condolences.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Ellie, What a wonderful touching Tribute to your little girl Myndi. I'm crying. She was so pretty. No doubt she had a loving heart that finally just gave out. I know you miss her. I keep thinking that Myndi and Sparky are together again with all the other pets that have gone to RB. It is so sad to lose one of our little friends/companions and I am so sorry. I do believe we'll see them again one day. My condolences to you... ((Hugs)).... Kay