Thread: Morning of trauma/UPDATED# 9

Hybrid View

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Morning of trauma/UPDATED# 9

Hi PT Friends - it's Myndi here again. I told you in my last update that I'd keep you up to date on what's happening in my little life, so here's what happened to me today. It wasn't pretty...........

Mom has this old sheet folded up and she keeps it on the floor in the corner of her closet. This sheet has only one purpose, and when she gets it out, then I know I'm in for a lot of grief. See - she spreads it out on the living room floor and then she brings out an empty wastebasket, and then the scissors, a comb, and a hair rake. Are you getting the picture of what's about to happen here???? I get it every time - it's "spa time"! When I saw all this activity taking place, I decided it was a good time to play "catch me if you can". Of course she did, and the next thing I knew, I was in the middle of that sheet completely naked (she took my collar off), and the rake was coming at me. Well it really wasn't going too bad at all, until that darn rake caught an itty-bitty (so Mom said) little matt up around my ear, and then I screamed and carried on like Mom was trying to rip my ear off - or some other horrible thing. I swear that matt must have been as big as a basketball for as much as it hurt. Well Mom took pity on me and just took the scissors and cut it out, and then she showed me how small it really was. Yeah sure - I'll bet she threw that basketball size one away before I got a look at it. So then it was back to more torture, and since I was in a foul mood after the matt incident, I figured I'd make this whole spa event as difficult as I could for her. As she was raking thru the hair on my back and sides, I decided to put on a scene - and boy - I did it up really good. I started snarling and showing my teeth and biting at Mom's hand like I was some kind of rabid dog. If I do say so myself - it was one of my better Drama Queen acts that I've ever pulled on her! It really got her attention - for sure. When I wouldn't stop, then she was forced to discontinue with the raking and cuddle me and get me settled down. Hee-hee-hee - do I know how to work an act to my advantage - or what??? So then Mom gave me a little talking to - and explained the quicker I cooperated in the process, then the quicker it would be over. Yeah - I guess she had a point I couldn't argue there, so I let her finish. It was still on my terms tho, even tho she thinks it was on hers..........

So what comes after a good raking out and scissor trim??? - a bath of course. Mom said she thought about waiting till the afternoon to do it, but then decided to get all of the torture over and done with - then I could take a long afternoon trauma relieving nap. Good choice! So she took me outside for a few minutes, then gave me a piece of peanut butter cookie as a peace offering, then off to the shower. I don't do bathtubs, and Mom has a shower that is separate from the tub, so that's where I get spruced up and clean and smelling good, and it's so much more fun than having to stand in a tub full of dirty Myndi water. I seriously DO NOT like to go outside when it's raining, but this shower thingy inside the house is pretty cool, and I actually like it and I'm totally cooperative. Imagine that will ya??

So now I'm lookin and smellin good again for a while. Mom said the reason I probably don't like going outside, is that by staying in the house and only going out when I absolutely have to, is why I stay neat and clean for so long. Tee-hee-hee.......I might be a dog, but I ain't no dummy!!!!

Okay folks - gotta go for my post-trauma, after lunch nap. I wonder if Mom will have any more yummy peace offerings when I wake up???

Love to my friends,
    Myndi - drama queen extraordinaire
    Last edited by pomtzu; 08-09-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, the horror, the trauma! Work it, Myndi, for all it's worth!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Myndi, what an ordeal - but now it's over. I bet your mom will have some treats waiting when you wake up. If not, it's a case for Groucho, unless there's dog lawyer here.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear Myndi,

When you wake up from your nap, could you please have your mom give you a bunch of hugs and kisses for me. You had a rough morning but I'm sure you are even MORE beautiful now!

Your admiring fan,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Goodness Myndi, you sound like my flock of fluffs! They all carry on for the least little mat, as if I would doing major harm, scares me to bits! And the Willy, he is like you, snarling and baring teefies and just carrying on something fierce.

I am glad to learn you got a peace offering out of this, make sure to demand another one after nap time. You deserve sweetie, for all that you put up with!

Jake here :Poor Myndi! That sounds kind of like it's bordering on abuse! I've had it done to me before! After all, we're pups, not humans, why the fancy stuff?
    I'm glad you survived it Myndi!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla