Thread: the Oz

the Oz

Welp I'm a bit behind on this posting. Oz passed away 3 yrs ago. I had to put him to sleep for lymphoma, a couple of months after my Mom had a massive stroke. Life was just too out of whack for even mourning him, much less for creating videos, back then. Gull passing away a couple of months ago, got me thinking it was time I put together a tribute for Oz though. I've been thinking about him a lot lately. Kizzie does a few things that remind me of Oz and I profusely praise her, for her Oz moves.

I think I joined Pettalk right before I got Oz, so I'm sure some members from way back, remember his puppyhood and how special he was to me. I use to say, he's as close as I'll ever get to having Lassie. I've had 4, well 5 now, great dogs, but they've all had some lil' quirk that you had to manage around. Except Oz. When God made him, he gave him a lil' sumpin' sumpin', extra special. 8 yrs was not even close enough time with him.

I'm not sure what I miss most about him. Him talking to me or him whacking me in the back of the head with his paw, because I wasn't listening to him. :-) We had our share of "Timmy in the well" moments and he had to resort to whacking me more than once. Thank goodness he was as persistent as he was smart.

Love ya, Oz man. I've no doubt God knows how lucky he is to have you by his side right now. It's probably why he took you so soon from me. Give everybody a big ole Collie nose nudge for me.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I remember Oz well and always looked forward to seeing your photos. Your tribute is beautifully done with such wonderful memories of that gorgeous boy - thank you for sharing him with us once again.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Of course we remember your dear boy - and there's nothing quite as obvious as that collie nose poke, is there? I bet you get them in your dreams! Oz is obviously still woven into the fabric of your life, and has left deep pawprints on your heart. Rest in peace, dear Oz, we are sure the butterflies at the Rainbow Bridge have all been herded thoroughly!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you for the nice sentiments Bengalz and Karen!

As I'm moving forward with Kizzie now, I think I needed some closure with Oz. Taking time to do a tribute for him helped immensely. With my other 3, I had always done something with in a week or two of them passing. So it was long past due for such a wonderful guy.

With each dog, I always have a special song that's just for them. Maddie's was "Moon River". Murph's was "Sunny Side of the Street". Gull's was "Girl". And as you saw at the end of the video, Oz's was "We're Off to see the Wizard". Whenever I hear any of these songs, I get teary-eyed and remember all the good times with that dog. Music is such a powerful sensory memory trigger. So every dog gets a song. I haven't found Kizzie's yet, but I will eventually as I get to know her better.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Aw big hugs Par and please give your Kizzie girl a special snuggle from me to thank her for finding you.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

hey ya bengalz!

Kiz sends dog kisses backatcha for the snuggles.

That was a lovely memorial. Three years or three minutes, the hurt stays with you, and the memories help.

Thanks Cataholic! And very well said.

What a beautiful tribute to such a great dog . I too remember your guys with much fondness and always looked forward to seeing photos and videos.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thanks cloverfdx! Backatcha about your crew!