Thread: Any Project Runway watchers?

Any Project Runway watchers?

What do you think of the season so far? I was delight by the two "top" looks last night, but knew ahead of time they'd never choose the blue one as the top. I am always glad to see whimsy in the looks.

I was so not impressed with the "designer" who went home last night. I wanted to like him, his message of sustainability is good one, but he seemed way to young emotionally, and so all over the map - he seemed more interested in promulgating his "message" in a pedantic way without actually designing anything decent. And he seemed to have no core to his convictions. When the make-up artist told him, week two, that "Loreal is great with sustainability," he didn't ask and questions, ask what that meant, or anything. And backed off of the "no electricity, so blow-dryers, curling irons, etc., " stance of week one, perhaps when someone pointed out how hypocritical that was, as he worked with an electric sewing machine, in an electrically lit work-room. And wore bedazzled plastic sandals while his model went barefoot!
    I've Been Frosted

I have always watched Project Runway - love Tim Gunn!

I agree with the designer who left but don't agree with who won. I think the red sombrero dress should have taken it. Just my opinion..
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I have always watched Project Runway - love Tim Gunn!

I agree with the designer who left but don't agree with who won. I think the red sombrero dress should have taken it. Just my opinion..
    The red sombrero dress did win!
    I've Been Frosted

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm enjoying this season (I always do).
    I thought it was way past time for him to go home. He was in the bottom every week. I think he deserved to go home last week instead of the lady from Africa. I actually liked dress. And I didn't like anything this guy made.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    The red sombrero dress did win!
    I thought that silvery blue corseted thing won! That's what happens when I'm half asleep. I liked the dress the designer who went home last week designed, too; that one didn't make sense to me.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    I thought that silvery blue corseted thing won! That's what happens when I'm half asleep. I liked the dress the designer who went home last week designed, too; that one didn't make sense to me.
    No, the top two were the red sombrero dress and the "monster" dress! When I said I liked the dress of the deigned who went home last week, Paul said, "That's when I knew she was doomed!"

Who else looks forward to seeing Swatch whenever they go to Mood?

I adore Tim Gunn, think he is such a gentleman with such a kind heart. Sadly, Paul think meeting me would likely give the poor guy a heart attack*, so I will remain a fan from a distance!

*I live my life with my own sense of style, which is 99% "Fashion Don't" but I am okay with that!
    I've Been Frosted