Thread: Things that amuse me ...

Things that amuse me ...

Yes, trends in spammers again ...

Why do I get so much spam assuming I am single and in need of a partner (male or female)?

And now I am getting "life is short, have an affair" spam! Like violating one's marriage vows and morals would make life any longer? Don't get the logic with that one!

And there's a common spam now entitled these X (pick a number) questions will get any woman "excited" ... (word changed for family-freindlyness!)

Like there are any questions that would be the same for any group of women?

At least the e.d. spam has lessened.
    I've Been Frosted

Spambots are non-discriminating - they just send out bunches of the stuff to all computers everywhere!

If you really have a slow day some time you can do this:

1. On your email program, find out how to Display All Headers or View Original Email.

2. Look carefully through all the wee letters and numbers and look for the last "From:".

3. That last From will have an IP address. Copy that and paste into the search box here: https://www.arin.net/ The search box is waay at the top left of the page.

4. If the spam originates in North America it will provide the IP information. Find the "abuse@" address or similar and copy it.

5. Go back to your spam mail and forward it - WITH the original headers etc - to the "abuse" email addy.

Note - the originating IP may be in Asia/Pacific (APNIC), Europe (RIPE) or other databases. ARIN will provide the link to those if needed.

I did this years ago before Spam filters were at all common.

Have fun!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

My email program actually filters out most of the spam, this is just the few that get through. Trust me, I get many thousands of pieces of spam a day that I never see. And I never, ever even open the ones that make it to my inbox, never mind "unsubscribe" or report them to someone - that just confirms that my email address is a good one, and will get it on more spam lists!

I just thought the trending topics were interesting discussion points!
    I've Been Frosted

About once a week I get a spam e-mail offering help for erectile dysfunction. I admit I have problems, but erectile dysfunction isn't one of them.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    About once a week I get a spam e-mail offering help for erectile dysfunction. I admit I have problems, but erectile dysfunction isn't one of them.
    Erectile dysfunction can be 'cured' by standing with your shoulders back?