Thread: Pinot's dream came true!

Pinot's dream came true!

What do kitties dream about? BIRDIES!

Well, Pinot loves her BIRDIES, and this has been well documented on PT. Tonight her daddy came home from darts (about 20 minutes ago) - and surprise! A bird flew in with him. Oy! She thought she was in kitty heaven!

After several frantic minutes (and the poor bird beating itself against windows and walls), birdie got out and Pinot went about her regularly scheduled program, so to speak. My husband could NOT stop laughing. I did not find it entirely amusing (maybe because I was holding Pinot)....
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am so laughing out loud (my apologies) but I know just what you mean!!! Evie sneaks "presents" in sometimes just so she can play with them and the catch and release of the present is major frenzy for her daddy and I. Eve, meanwhile is having the best time ... all ears, all eyes and swishy tail! When all is said and done, she has a nap - never happened Mom.

Pinot - sweetheart - you had a good day!!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Wow, Pinot! I bet you were waiting for meowmie to put you down so you could have fun with the BIRDIE!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I have seen mechanical bird toys , I bet that Pinot would love that.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Pinot, I bet you won't forgive your mom any time soon for holding you back, but I'm glad the bird got out alive - and after all, you had a bit of exitement from your daily routine.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

In retrospect, it really was quite hysterical; my husband grabbed (out of the garage, I think, but I had NO idea we had one!) a fishing net with a long handle, he's running around with that, the bird is everywhere, I've got Pinot pinned to the chair trying to keep her calm (rather successful once I finally got her there after running around quite a bit) and I kept saying to Coop - "Open the door and let the bird out! Open the door and let the bird out!" Really good You Tube material I'll bet.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

How thrilled she must have been! I am sure she will mark this day on her calendar and remember it forever! (As will you!)
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Aawww - sounds like you had a little excitement - right Pinot? Thankfully it wasn't a bat - we've had close calls with them a couple of times almost getting in the house. Myndi said to tell Pinot she's glad it wasn't one of those BIG birds (parrot) that she encountered and freaked when it "meow'ed" at her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I know it mustn't have seemed funny to you but from where I'm sitting I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks---the mental image of Pinot's dream come true was too funny.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Too bad there is no video...
    Diane
    Central Coast CA
    "Cats happen......"

Quote Originally Posted by dehlers43 View Post
    Too bad there is no video...
    I agree. Too much excitement all at once.

There is a little horror story for you-but Pinot will love it: I was sitting at breakfast with the balcony door open as it was lovely weather. Downstairs, there is Christine living with 4 kitties and 2 rabbits and the fishies. She has the garden fenced in in a catsafe way. And I hear her shouting at big Carlo: "Leave that birdie alone!!!!!!! Leave that poor birdie alone!!!!!!!" I am not going to look what happens downstairs... And like ten seconds later she says: "now you will have to eat it!"
    I talked to her later and she said the bird was already dead when she spotted it ( But the text was still fun)

I don't know how I missed this thread!

Pinot, what an adventure! I'm sure you still remember that time fondly!

Dear Pinot, my cats are SO jealous!!! They have never seen a birdie up close and personal.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Pinot,

Your purrents protected the little birdie. Sadly Emily was faster than mom was last year. That bird was history when it flew through mom's door.

Spunky
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)