Thread: Ten Cat Commandments for their humans

Ten Cat Commandments for their humans

Ten Cat Commandments for their humans

1. Acknowldge that I am Cat - no other is above Me. Not even you! Remember, cats were once worshiped as Gods, we have never forgotten this.

2. Anyone who says I am "just a cat" is not worthy of your time and attention.

3. My affection is mine to dole out, it cannot be forced. Don't try.

4. When people visit, remember I have teeth and will defend myself if necessary. If I flee, do not reveal my choice hiding spots.

5. The fur I shed is my gift to you, so I am with you wherever you go. It is not my fault when you choose garments that do not match my fur color.

6. Did you know my sense of smell is 12 times better than yours? So as much as you hate a smelly litter box, it bothers me 12 times as much! Please help keep it clean, and we'll both be happier.

7. I have a mind of my own. Please do not be upset if I like the packaging better than the expensive toy you just bought me, or the bag your brought it home in. Just be grateful I like something.

8. Pay attention. I am not going to be able to tell you if I am not feeling well, and besides, I don't like showing weakness. I am a cat, the top of the food chain and social order. But if you notice a big change in my behavior, that may mean a trip to the vets is in order.

9. If you leave it on a counter, it's fair game. Ditto that small trash can. If you treasure that pen, or piece of paper or or knicknack - hide it away. After all, I keep my best toys hidden, you should, too. But the spot under the refrigerator is mine, find your own spot.

10. Please have me spayed or neutered. Remember how hard it was being a hormonal teenager? How'd you like to have to live through that several times a year? I don't want to, and believe me, I will let you know!

... and a few additions:

Feed me high-quality food and make sure I have fresh water.

Pet me, love me, and play with me. You are my human and I purr to show you I'm happy that you're with me!

We can, and will take every opportunity to get outside. An open window is an open invitation!

There's no such thing as "your" furniture, "your" keyboard, "your" pillow, "your" blanket or "your" tuna.

Cats don't have owners, we have staff. Dogs come when you call, we cats take a message and get back to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The big difference between cats and dogs is this: If you need someone to openly adore you and slobber all over you (not a bad thing) get a dog, they are real good at doing this. If you want someone to openly adore, who may or may not openly show their appreciation, get a cat. Dog owners want to be adored, cat owners want to adore, or something like that.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I pray that as much as I can I make my Found Cat Hotel as nice a place for My Cats to be as possible.
    Without My Cats I would be alone
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS