Thread: Pets and TV

Pets and TV

Just a curiosity question - do your pets watch TV with you? And if so, do they enjoy certain things, like a baseball game or a race - more than others? Or do you think they just like being in the room with you when you are sitting down holding still, and what is on the TV has nothing to do with it.
    I've Been Frosted

Way back when, my parents had a cat that every night would come into the den and settle down to watch TV: the 11pm News and Weather, but then when they got to Sports, she would get up and walk out of the room.
    Last edited by phesina; 07-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sometimes Sissy Pom stops whatever she's doing and stares at the tv, actually watching it. One day she saw a closeup of some man's face and she started barking at the tv. Also a couple of times she barked at dogs on tv. I don't think LilGirl has ever barked at tv.

I do catch some of my cats watching tv while others will just ignore it. Sky is one of my cats that will watch almost anything on tv. When they hear animal sounds this does get their attention so they will look at the tv.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Neither Myndi nor Sparky were ever interested in watching t.v. If Sparky heard a dog barking on t.v. he would perk up and listen for it again, and on occasion would actually take notice of it on the screen and watch for a minute, but would lose interest if he didn't hear any more barking. No fooling Myndi tho - she was never interested in the noise or the picture. Smart dog, since there really isn't a whole lot worth watching these days.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Mikey will watch TV if there's an animal, more specifically a dog on it. So shows like Americas Funniest Home videos he will watch. He also watches Youtube Videos! He also likes Skype LOL

In his younger days, Fister liked a good football game, F1 and the credits. I tried to turn him on to Animal Planet when they showed tigers etc. but he wasn't interested.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The only pet that actually watches tv is Martha, but she only likes watching Bob Ross paint. She will sit there the entire time infatuated with it, never taking her eyes off it. Then again, she likes to sit and watch me paint, so I guess she just appreciates the arts!

Adelaide likes to occasionally help us out playing video games by sitting and batting at the screen. If the game is too graphic or loud she wants nothing to do with it, though, so simple games like Wii tennis are her favorite.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Mine only like to cuddle next to us when we watch something-- most of the time it's the news since there doesn't seem to be anything worth watching anymore. Gone are the good movies of yesteryear. We have one program about horses and that's all I watch-- although I did follow the Royal baby's arrival.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

When Moby was a kitten she'd bat at the hockey puck when there was a hockey game on. Diamond seems to like football and NASCAR.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Snow will lay with me while I watch TV, but she never watches it. She will only perk up if there is a sudden loud noise, but other then that she doesn't take much notice into the television.

RIP Sally

The only one I know that actually pays attention to the TV is Zoee. If there is an animal on it she will growl. If it doesn't go away or it makes sound she barks at it.
    Sometimes even cartoons or a person in a costume has gotten a growl or a bark. Silly girl!

Paizly likes to lay on me while I watch TV. I don't know if she's watching it or not, but she just likes to be with me.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

13. Kirby will look at the TV/PC monitor now an then but its only a second or two.
    for those who have dogs who actually take a interest in watching theres always:
    http://www.dogtv.com/

I had a funny encounter last night, a clerk at a local store and I were talking. She was dog sitting all weekend for a friend, and after she got there, her friend called and said, "By the way, my crazy ex-boyfriend may try to break in while you are there." So she was already nervous, but figured the dog would alert her. She was watching TV to calm herself down, but then realized that the dog was not reacting to an intruder, but to the puppies on the "Too Cute" show on Animal Planet she was watching to try to distract herself. Needless to say, she didn't get much sleep all weekend! But the dog was happy!
    I've Been Frosted

As soon as I sit down on the couch to watch TV, Autumn is right there on my lap. She is more interested in getting scritches than watching TV, lol.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."