Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Lacey, how I miss you already!

Oh Lacey, how I miss you already!

My Lacey Dacey was PTS this afternoon. She was between 12 and 14 years old.

She woke me screaming bout 6 AM. I had to call a neighbor to come help me get her on a board and into the car, and I got her to the ER vet. Initially, her blood pressure was high, heart rate rapid, blood glucose extremely high. They started fluids to try to get her stabilized. I left her with them for blood work and tests.

A few hours later the vet called. Ultrasound showed multiple masses in both her liver and spleen, enlarged lymph nodes in her stomach, enlarged heart, both kidneys had extensive damage and were shutting down. They were not able to lower her blood pressure and get her stabilized.

In a way, I knew this was coming. She'd been losing weight, and having trouble eating. The regular vet did a blood work up on her and that showed all well, which meant most likely she had cancer, something was eating up her calories. We decided to wait and see what developed. But NOTHING showed up until this morning.

We all went walkies at Bridgham Farm yesterday. Lacey was so excited, she whined the entire ride over, running to look out first one window then another. She enjoyed the walk, trotting here and there, sniffing smells. Last night at bedtime, she climbed the stairs onto my bed, did her little race around the bed and then did her dig-dig-dig that she often did prior to settling down.

My sweet girl, Mommy's Girl, is gone. I can't hardly take in, just yet.
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-27-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I read this almost in disbelief. No - this didn't happen - it couldn't have................

But it did and I sit here with tears streaming down my face as tho I had lost one of my own. For some reason I always felt a strong connection to your Fluffs and loved them all.

I'm so sorry, Sandie, and tho that seems so little to say, it comes from the depths of my heart. You gave Lacey a wonderful and active and happy life and she never would have known that without you. And how absolutely wonderful that she got to spend her last day with you and her sibs at the Farm. She took a lot of fond and loving memories with her to share at RB, and created many for you to hold in your heart forever.

{{{Hugs}}}
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, Sandie. Hugs hugs hugs hugs.

The only good thing is she was so happy and energetic til this morning, almost to the last moment. She didn't linger in poor health and pain.

Lacey is waiting at the Bridge and dig dig digging in the big meadow, playing like the pup she is.

I am so, so sorry.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Sandy, our deepest sympathies. We are so glad she had a grand day yesterday, sniffing around Brigham Farm and having such a good time. Let that memory cheer your heart, and know that her pain and discomfort are over. We'll think of her whenever we see the Queen Ann's Lace blooming at the roadside, Lacey flower that it is.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry to hear this and know how very special Lacey was and is in your heart. To echo Catty, cherish Lacey's last hours with you as great ones, your happy little girl enjoying the good life you gave her.

My heartfelt condolences to you - it takes so much time to heal from such a loss.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Sandie, my heart just dropped when I saw this. I am so very sorry for your loss. Her day yesterday was definitely a happy one. ((((HUGS))))

And a candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=19029441
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Sandie, I am so very sorry. All my sympathy to you and your crew and all who love her and grieve her so much.

What a wonderful life you and she shared, and what a delightful day you all had together yesterday!

Rest in peace, darling Lacey, so beloved and so full of love, whole and healthy at the Bridge awaiting that glorious Reunion.. One Fine Day.

{{{{HUGS}}}} and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry to hear this. RIP Lacey.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Sandie, I am so sorry for your loss. She was such a pretty girl and I know your heart is breaking. I got tears reading your post. I know she had a wonderful life with you and the other fluffs. You did all you could to give her a good healthy life full of love and then you were brave enough to let her go so she wouldn't suffer. So sad. ((Hugs))

I saw this on FB and my heart fell. I am so sorry. Sorry just is never enough to say.
    My condolences on losing your sweetie. (((hugs)) to you and pets to your remaining little fur footed ones.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I am so sorry to hear this. As said, what a great day she had yesterday, Sandie. Hugs.

I am so very sorry for your tragic loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

My sympathies are being added to everyone else's. Such a sudden loss is so difficult. Then again, be thankful that you didn't have to watch her suffer and have to wonder if you were doing the right thing for her. Let those happy memories, like yesterday, bring you comfort during this difficult time.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Oh no, what a shock! I'm so very sorry Sandie.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so sorry for your loss. I already saw this on FB but I'm still in shock. I'm so glad that she had a wonderful day before all of this happened. When it's time for me to go, I would also love to go quickly without any suffering. RIP sweet Lacey. Please take care. (((HUGS)))