Thread: Meet Audrey the Bucket Turtle

Hybrid View

Awww, so glad she was rescued and is getting special care and plenty of love now! Poor thing!
    I've Been Frosted

A 2nd came into the rescue, but we lost her. A 3rd came in a couple weeks ago & he is in bad shape. Hes on antibiotics, constant care, & is waiting for an opening for all 4 limbs to be operated on. The antibiotics seem to be working, as he has been feeling better, but its going to take months if not a good year for him to recover enough to be out of the danger zone. He'll remain at the rescue for life as an educational animal, and will join Audrey's Animal Cruelty Awareness Team.

How sad, why do people think such a bad thing - turtles are not goldfish - not even similar!
    I've Been Frosted

Turtles & goldfish are in the same boat. They are long lived but die well before they reach maturity (less then 5yrs old) from neglect

Quote Originally Posted by Digi View Post
    Turtles & goldfish are in the same boat. They are long lived but die well before they reach maturity (less then 5yrs old) from neglect
    But both need different living conditions, have different dietary needs, and need different living situations, too!
    I've Been Frosted