Thread: Sam

Sam

I went to my vet clinic this afternoon to pick up more cat food. My vet moved to this clinic, and the two examining rooms face the front door, separated by the lobby and the reception desk to the right.

As the tech was adding up the food cost, the door to the exam room near me opened, and I looked to see if it was a kitty in there. In the space of 5 seconds I saw my vet, saw a beautiful black cat partly snuggled in a blanket, but in the meatloaf position with his head down; his owner was coming out and when she turned she had tears streaming down her face.

I went straight to her and hugged her and said, "I'm so sorry!" She said Sam was 16; something had happened, kind of suddenly, it wasn't clear what. I told her how lucky Sam was to have her, and she him. She is going to miss him so much. She went out the door with the empty carrier, and turned and thanked me. I told her to take care, and I meant it.

By the time I turned back to pay my bill, tears were streaming down my face too. The tech handed me a box of kleenex, and her eyes were glassy.

The owner can't afford to have him cremated; I can't afford to help. However, the clinic does up a card with a paw print and the one tech writes really nice calligraphy in it.

Sam, you were so beautiful, and so loved. Play happy at the Bridge. <3
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so very sorry. I am sending virtual hugs to Sam's loving, broken-hearted owner. How lucky indeed Sam was to have her and she him.

Rest in peace, dearest Sam, and please send down some purrs to your beloved and so-loving purrrson to let her know you are safe and well at the Rainbow Bridge and will welcome her Home.. One Fine Day. Love is eternal, and you and she are together always.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well, add me to the list of tears.

That was very sweet of you Candace.

RIP Sam Say hello to Taz!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I was at my vet's yesterday and found out that Sam had acute kidney failure. That can send a kitty downhill very quickly.

They did make up her card and send it. Praying for healing for her.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Most of us cat owners have been down this road and the heartbreak is overwhelming. Thank you Catty for taking the time to share solace with Sam's mommy. Those moments are precious, simple and never forgotten.

Sleep sweetly dearest Sam and please give your mom a visit soon to let her know you won't forget her either.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

We are sorry to hear about Sam, he sounds like a Great Older Cat who sadly has gone on. I hope that Sam Angel lets his friends know that he is in a better place and will see them again in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS