Thread: ATTN: New England Cat Lovers - Art Exhibit to Benefit the Gifford Cat Shelter in Brighton, MA!

Hybrid View

ATTN: New England Cat Lovers - Art Exhibit to Benefit the Gifford Cat Shelter in Brighton, MA!

“Inseparable Companions,” a collection of animal paintings by Allston artist Christine Winship, is currently on exhibit at Athan’s Bakery & Cafe, 407 Washington Street, Brighton. Thanks to the generosity of the artist and Unbound Visual Arts, Inc., the non-profit sponsoring the exhibit, 10% of the sales of these paintings will be donated to the Gifford Cat Shelter.

For more info, see http://www.giffordcatshelter.org/upcoming-events/ and http://www.giffordcatshelter.org/about-us/.

The Gifford Cat Shelter is a cageless, no-kill facility founded in 1884 and sponsored by Ellen Gifford. The shelter is a pioneer in creating an environment that does not confine cats to small, movement-restricting cages.

It is a WONDERFUL place! I volunteered there for a while way back when. I am friends to this day with the woman who was the manager of the shelter then, who now lives in Los Angeles.

I wish I still lived close enough to go to this exhibit (and volunteer at the Gifford)!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Do you know how long it runs?
    I've Been Frosted

Christine, known as the Pedigree Artist, specializes in pet and animal portraits. A public wine and hors d’ oeuvres reception for the exhibit will be held on Sunday July 28th from 7-8:30 pm. The exhibition runs through August 31 and is open everyday from 8:00 am – 10:00 pm.

That was on one of the links that was posted.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.

Cross-posted to my FB page, thanks for sharing this.

What a great idea ,I would buy something there to help those Poor Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS