Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a hot time in the old Thursday tonight. #542

It's a hot time in the old Thursday tonight. #542

Man, It's hot outdoors.......

This is going to be a sno-cone, ice cream week......I am going to ask the Orc to put up the wading pool in the back yard.

"DOTD" is going to be an ice cream sundae with a little Bailey's or Frangelico drizzled over the top......

Nothing like beating the heat and having a little drink at the same time?

Let's see..... a banana, two scoops of black walnut ice cream, some frangelico and a little whipped cream on the top?

Come dip your feet into the pool.

DONE!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Grasshopper parfait: Vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, Creme de Menthe and whipped cream! It's 102 deg F (39 C) here which is extraordiarily hot for this area.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

You scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice Cream! I have some strawberries slices and sugared in the fridge - over some vanilla ice cream ... they'd be yum!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I like ice cream, but I just can't do dairy in this super hot weather - makes me want to barf for some reason. I could live on slurpies and water ice and sno cones tho. I'm sitting here with a nice tall ice cold lemonade. Anyone care to join me??

The heat is supposed to break here by around Sunday. I sure hope so. It's so miserable that I don't even want to take Myndi outside to go potty - even under the shade of a big tree and out of the direct sunlight. In this heat, it isn't good for her at her age to be outside at all - even in the shade.

Try to stay cool everyone - and turn on those a.c.'s if you have one. It's not doing you any good to have it if you're not going to use it because it costs too much to run!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'll join you in that tall lemonade! Ooh - I haven't had limeade in a long time - I should pick some up later!

Pom, are you maybe lactose intolerant? My eldest niece has to take lactaid if she wants to indulge in ice cream ... a little milk in her coffee is fine, but ice cream pushes her over the edge!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I'll join you in that tall lemonade! Ooh - I haven't had limeade in a long time - I should pick some up later!

Pom, are you maybe lactose intolerant? My eldest niece has to take lactaid if she wants to indulge in ice cream ... a little milk in her coffee is fine, but ice cream pushes her over the edge!
    Yes - lactose intolerant to some degree. The richer products do a number on me year round, tho I can eat the cheaper brands of ice cream and they don't bother me as much - just not enough cream in them. But in the very hot weather like we're having now, it all bothers me - be it be the cheap stuff or the top of the line super rich stuff! I take the lactaid enzyme tablets if I really want to indulge.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Richard, at the start of this thread, I immediately thought of an event from Sunday.

Some background: Liv, the little girl in the picture, is from Oregon, where ice cream parlors like we have here are few and far between. Her mom is my dear friend, and they are on a trip across the country and back. The restaurant is Cabot's, a Newton, MA place that has been around for 40+ years, and is a family owned and run place. When I first moved to Newton after Paul and I got married, Aunt Bertha, then in her early eighties, took me for lunch there one day, and said, sotto voce, "You can order some food, but don't get much, we're really here for the ice cream."

Liv, having never been to a place that has a whole huge menu "just for ice cream" decided the banana split sounded yummy. She had no idea the size of the creation that would be placed in front of her!

When she had eaten all she could, she was stricken at the thought that she couldn't finish it all, and didn't want to waste it - so the good people at Cabot's took the rest, and blended into a "shake" in a big styrofoam cup with lid and straw for her to take with her. It was, quoting Caley, "Divine!"
    I've Been Frosted

I'll try one of those DOTD please. Warm here, but not overly hot. No storms or rain tonight. Karen, that banana split is just amazing!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

In Troy, New York there's an ice cream place called the Cream Machine. They have a monstrosity called the "RPI Colossus" which was typically shared by 4 or more people. (Don't know if Cream Machine still exists; they made their own ice cream in house and had many human-sized offerings.)
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    In Troy, New York there's an ice cream place called the Cream Machine. They have a monstrosity called the "RPI Colossus" which was typically shared by 4 or more people. (Don't know if Cream Machine still exists; they made their own ice cream in house and had many human-sized offerings.)
    Yeah, the banana split pictured is usually shared by at least two people - when folks know what they are getting into! That's part of what made it so fun when Liv ordered it!
    I've Been Frosted

I am almost out of battery power here, but I will say there is SHERBERT AND SORBET for the people who don't do "cow' very well......I'll be back....

Too hot to eat much of anything, so I'm having some chilled peaches, pears and pineapple with a smidgen of cottage cheese (not enough to cause my belly to complain). If anyone would like to come chill out (pun intended) and sit a spell and partake of some of what I'm eating - then pull up a chair, put up your feet, let the fan blow some cool breezes in your direction - and enjoy!

Yes Orc - I know that cottage cheese would make a real mess if you threw it against the wall.
    No Orc - you may not have any.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

That's one enormous banana split! Wow!

I'm just drinking water with a wedge of lemon in it at the moment. It's hot and windy out. I have a headache and I'm not quite sure what it's from.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am still awaiting thunderstorms that are supposed to knock this heat wave out - but have a nice cold glass of limeade - anyone want some?

It's just icky muggy out there - walking outside feels like walking into a laundromat without the smell of detergent!
    I've Been Frosted

We had some storms come thru last night, and tho it's a little cooler, it's still miserably humid and not at all comfortable outside. I'm really sick and tired of this weather and can't wait till the crisp and cool weather of Fall arrives.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013