Thread: Ulysses!

Ulysses!

Ulysses, what a very handsome boy you grew up to be! sounds like you have a great family, complete with fur sibs! Happy dtod!
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

What a wonderful life!

Hi Ulysses from "3 Dog Acres!" Happy Dog of the Day! Oh, what a handsome, "happy, happy, happy" Aussie boy you are, and what a terrific trio, what a terrific team you, sister Isis, and brother Gandalf make! I was hanging on every word of your human's recounting of your rescue, her tribute to "the team," and we give great thanks to your dear auntie Brenda for starting you all on your journey; finding you and your siblings, doing all in her power to keep you safe while helping to find homes for you all! Of course the best part of the story is knowing that 3 littermates were able to stay together, making your story all the more special! It's clear you and your sibs found you way to one incredibly canine savvy, dedicated and loving forever family, and I can't wait to read more of your heartwarming story, updates, through the link your human has shared with us! And I'm not sure if that's a painting or a photo of you gazing out at the bison but regardless, it's stunning! Great thanks to your human for sharing your and your siblings great adventure with us all! You 3 are lucky indeed to have been blessed with such a fantastic life, but none are more blessed than your humans, having 3 such beautiful, intelligent, loyal and loving companions in you, Isis and Gandalf! Hope you, Isis and Gandalf are all enjoying a very special day of celebration, and here's to a long and happy life with your wonderful family! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Ulysses, Isis and Gandalf!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Just read "Letter from Crow's Cottage.."

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Opschick....

Thanks for that nice compliment. A new dog came to our pack on Saturday. Her name is Tipper. She's 12-years-old and almost blind, a Corgi mix from the Haven of the Ozarks shelter. Her master had to go to a nursing home recently and she needed a new home. She's doing pretty good given the great challenges of her situation. --Ebenezer on behalf of Ulysses at crowscottage.com

That's a very nice thought

Dear tatsxxx11....

Your letter is wonderful, full of nice thoughts. My master tells me the image you asked about is a photo transformed into a painting. I couldn't take my eyes off those big ole buffalo at the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve. Now my mistress calls me "Buffalo Uly" and sings to me, "Buffalo Uly won't you come out tonight, come out tonight, come out tonight. Buffalo Uly won't you come out tonight and bark by the light of the moon."

And you're right: Today is a special day of celebration. We're very happy to be featured on Dog of the Day. Given all the craziness in the world nowadays, spending some time focusing on dogs must be a welcome respite to all of you humans.

Thanks for your love, hugs, and kisses. I accept them all gladly on behalf of the pack.

--Ebenezer on behalf of Ulysses at crowscottage.com
    PS: Here's a pix of me, my brother Gandalf, and sister Isis playing the the snow.

Name:  3 little dogs.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  56.6 KB

Hi, Ulysses and hi, Gandalf and Isis! And hello, Tipper, new member of the pack! What a great story of your aunt and your people working together to get you all safely into your forever home! I think you will all be the Dog of the Day for me today I really like the picture of you three showing how you are snow dogs! You must have some very busy days -- playing, showing Tipper around, having fun, and being with your master and mistress. I am sending you a round of petting, hugs and snuggles to celebrate your special day! Happy Dog of the Day to Ulysses, Gandalf, Isis and Tipper!

Your admiring fan in Chicago,
    Elyse

Edited to ask: Ulysses, has your mom-dog gone to a forever home too? I hope she has!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Hello Ulysses,

It is wonderful to meet you and read your story. Sounds like a wonderful adventure you and
    Isis & Gandalf are on. You can't go wrong with a person who believes this quotation,

" I like life with dogs better than life without them. They are strength, solace, diversion, reward, and love."

You & your human family are very lucky to have found each other. Congratulations on being chosen
    as a very special DOG OF THE DAY. Sending lots of cyber hug & kisses to you, sis Isis & brother Gandalf.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Mama found a home, too

Dear Elyse,

First, the answer is Yes! Mama dog found a home not long after the last of my brothers was rescued. (Isis is a spittin' image of mama.) When Ebenezer put me in the car for my journey to the mountains -- he picked me out first and put me in a little tub with a blanket -- mama circled the car time and again trying to take me back. Ebenezer left mama's paw prints on the hood until the rain washed it away some time later.

Thanks for all the petting, hugs, and snuggles. We dogs can never get enough! And BTW: Cassie Cat looks very cool!

--Ebenezer on behalf of Ulysses Dog | crowscottage.com
    Ebenezer Baldwin Bowles on behalf of Ulysses Dog
    [email protected]

Hi Buddy and Smokey and Maggie

Hi lizbud,

I'm telling you, Smokey and Buddy and Maggie look like very good dogs! I'm a black dog, too -- which means it gets pretty hot around here in the summertime. Thank goodness my human pals have refrigerated air, or whatever they call it. My brother Gandalf likes to lay on one of the air vents to cool off after chasing tennis balls and frisbees outside. Ebenezer tells me the refrigerated air machine was made in your hometown of Indianapolis.

As for me, I like to lay in the rocking chair and look out the window.

Thanks for being a Friend of Animals. We need all the friends we can get!

--Ebenezer on behalf of Ulysses dog | crowscottage.com
    [email protected]

Today is a special day of celebration. We're very happy to be featured on Dog of the Day. Given all the craziness in the world nowadays, spending some time focusing on dogs must be a welcome respite to all of you humans.
    True words were never spoken, Ulysses!!! How wonderful that yet another lucky pup, dear Tipper, has found her way to..."4 Dogs Acres!" Bless your mistress for giving this precious, gentle soul a safe and warm, welcoming and loving forever home, complete with furry sibs; a place where she can enjoy her golden years to their fullest, being loved unconditionally! And thanks for the explanation re: the pic/painting! It's just beautiful, as is your "Snow Dogs" shot! Lots of love, and tons more hugs and kisses to you, Isis, Gandals and newbie Tipper!

Ulysses!

What a great story...you and two of your sibs have a home together...so cool!
    I can tell that you lead a very happy life! Enjoy being Dog of the Day today, Ulysses!

Special Day

Quote Originally Posted by Momo View Post
    What a great story...you and two of your sibs have a home together...so cool!
    I can tell that you lead a very happy life! Enjoy being Dog of the Day today, Ulysses!
    Thanks, Momo. This has been one of the very best days of my dog life! I feel very special. So do Icy Spicy and Gandy Man.
    --Ebenezer on behalf of Ulysses | crowscottage.com
    [email protected]