Thread: Do you massage your cat?

Do you massage your cat?

I don't know if this is an odd question; and thought I would ask anyway ... Eve is a very affectionate cat by nature and she loves to be massaged. She will climb onto my lap and wait for me to massage her back and shoulders and her ruff. Her purrometer goes into overdrive and she drools all over me. It is the best way to relax her and she often falls asleep in my lap or on my tummy if I massage her back when lying in bed before going to sleep.

Does your kitty crave a massage?
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Yep. Kimba loves a back massage and to have his ears massaged. Drools, too.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Both of my boys Colby and Levi will drool when I just pet their heads. I don't even have to massage them. Pearl loves me to tap her back end on both sides and rub it. She goes crazy and she then starts talking to me very loudly. If I do it too much, she'll get nippy because it overstimulates her. Blaze loves for me to rub his cheeks. He'll then start head butting me. The rest of them like head, chin, and cheek scritches. Sky also loves me to scratch him near his tail. He'll then do the elevator butt. I used to massage my RB Storm and he loved it.

Cassie likes her head rubbed any time I am sitting relatively still (talking on the phone, using the computer, writing bills). Sometimes she will sit very still or flop over onto her side - that is the signal that she is verrrrrrry relaxed and ready for a long petting session.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Carefully yes as Mickey Fluffy Tail and Scrapster have a certain bunny kicking habit.
    But the Empress just loves it as does the Panther.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Spike will sit on the foot rest of the recliner, and let me massage him with my feet! He loves it. He's my enormous 17 lb black CH cat. I need to get a pic of him up here.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Khaith lives for two things: food and his daily massage. He will roll on his back and have you massage his tummy and he will purr so loud and make biscuits.
    Martha very rarely even wants to be pet at all, so no massage for her unless I want claws and teeth...
    Adelaide only likes shoulders and up being scritched, but she sure does LOVE that!
    Snowball likes to be pet, but gets bored of it quite quickly.
    Floki isn't old enough to appreciate a good kitty massage (she would rather play!), but if I hold her on her back and scritch between her shoulder blades it sends her into a trace and she automatically calms down.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I message Myndi, my dog, and even tho it's for her own well being, she seems to enjoy it.

At 17 1/2, her legs aren't what they used to be, and walking is more difficult than it once was. Before she even gets up in the morning, I message both of her hind legs and her lower spine, and then roll her over on to her back, and do stretching and range of motion exercises with both legs. Not only does she seem to enjoy it, but it seems to get her moving with more ease, than if I don't do it.

Whatever it takes to keep her going and to be more comfortable - then I'll do it for her.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

So happy to hear I'm not the only one Eve has me so well trained but then she is such a little sweetie and deserves whatever pampering I can give her - relaxes me too.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I used to give Morgan massages. None of my current kitties enjoy it very much. My sister is a licensed massage therapist, and she gave me some tips. I told her that she should take some classes for giving animals massages.

Time helps the sadness subside, but the memories remain forever.