Thread: My bettas fins are disappearing?

My bettas fins are disappearing?

I have had my betta since about January now and I have just noticed his fins are starting to tear and disappear. I do give his tank weekly cleanings as well as the usage of water conditioner. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

I did try to google this (I found he has fin rot) but the treatment options were all over. I found just feed him certain food, give him medication, or simply just clean his tank out more frequently. Which would be the best option to proceed with?

Thanks!

RIP Sally

Definitely clean his tank more frequently, and I'd also give him the recommended food.

In act, I would give his tank a more thorough than usual clean, maybe even new gravel, as it is porous, so hard to make sure is absolutely clean!
    I've Been Frosted

Fin rot is easy to cure. As Karen said, clean the tank more thoroughly and frequently. I preferred using the medication over the food, but I had Oscars, so they were a little more to deal with. For a betta, the food should work fine.

Okay, thank you both so much!

Good luck.

Depending on the size of the tank, it may need cleaned more often or more water changes. Try some meds for fin rot. Good luck little fishie.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla