Thread: Hospital: Singer Randy Travis sedated, remains in critical condition following surgery Hopeful update #5

Hospital: Singer Randy Travis sedated, remains in critical condition following surgery Hopeful update #5

Randy Travis was admitted to hospital last week suffering from congestive heart failure or a type of cardiomyopathy. He suffered a stroke several days later and had surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He's cleaned up his act in the last few months; I hope he makes it through.

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/hospita...230319198.html
    Last edited by Catty1; 07-15-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and healing energies are being sent for you, Randy.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers sent his way. It is sad, but likely a result of the wear and tear he put on his body in his younger days. Our prayers are with him, and all his loved ones.
    I've Been Frosted

I have always loved Randy Travis. I have been praying for him since I heard the news of his condition.
    His song, "Three Wooden Crosses" is among my favorites.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/country-sin...W4tQ0E-;_ylv=3

Excerpt:
    By Marice Richter DALLAS (Reuters) - U.S. country music singer Randy Travis' condition has stabilized after emergency surgery last week to relieve pressure on his brain following a stroke, but it may take months for the Grammy winner to recover, doctors said on Monday.
    Travis, 54, who was admitted to a hospital north of Dallas on July 7 for a heart condition caused by a virus, suffered a stroke and underwent surgery on Wednesday.
    "He is awake and alert and interacting with his family and friends and beginning to start doing some early physical therapy," Dr. Gary Erwin, a pulmonologist at the hospital, said in a video conference for the Dallas-based Baylor Health Care System, where Travis underwent surgery.
    Travis' condition is critical but stable.
    "We anticipate it will take months to recover from the stroke," Erwin added.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I've always thought Randy Travis is a great country singer.... love his deep voice. I have some cassettes of his singing. That's right, cassettes, from the olden days . I cant play them in the car anymore because mine has a CD player but I can listen to him in the house. I also pray that he will recover and find peace in his life and have a calm clean healthy rest of his life.