Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: joey has seriously hurt his foot :(

joey has seriously hurt his foot :(

Earlier this evening we noticed that our cat joey had seriously hurt his toe. It looks like one of his toes has been pulled back and is on top of the rest of his toes! His claw is sticking out and his foot is very swollen. He can't walk properly and hes limping. Hes in obvious pain and he cant get comfy. I cried earlier seeing him like this. The vets will be phoned straight away tomorrow morning to see if they can fit him in asap. I know im not that active on here but please keep my precious boy in your thoughts thank you

Aww, sounds like he may have caught his claw on something and dsilocated a toe, poor boy! He'll be in our prayers. Do let us know how it goes tomorrow!
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Joey - that has got to be uncomfortable. My RB kitty August once stepped on a staple; the vet removed it from his toe and had me soak his paw in warm water with epsom salts 2 -3 times a day for a few minutes to clean and sooth the wound; also to help with any potential infection. The epsom salts were not popular with my boy however he did tolerate the soakings and his paw was better within days.

Morning can't come soon enough I'm sure ... hope Joey gets feeling better soon.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Poor Joey. I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sure that your vet will be able to see him since it sounds like an emergency type of situation. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

Thank you for the prayers and well wishes! His appointment is at 12pm (so in about 2 hours my time)
    Hes currently in the conservatory, sunning himself
    Shall update again after hes been to the vets

A few years ago, I talked to the vet about what to do if something happened over a weekend and my cat was in pain. He suggested a few painkillers to have handy, in case they were needed.

Hope Joey will get his paw sorted out and feel better soon!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Poor Joey, hope the vet will sort him out soon and he is pain free.

We're sending along all our prayers and healing energies and warm good wishes for dear Joey. Poor baby!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you again for all the warm wishes and prayers!
    Randi: thats a good idea, never thought of that! Thank you for the advice

Hes just visited the vets and the vet said that it's badly dislocated and shes never seen anything like it!
    After talking to the vet its been decided that he will have his toe amputated she said it'll cost more in the long run to put it back in place, and even then it may need amputating if it doesnt set. She said it won't affect his quality of life and he won't be stuck inside for as long compared to if he were to get it set back in place. All in all theres less complications with amputation.
    Hes in over night and we'll get him tomorrow

Sadly our Cats ae not totally accident proof!
    We are all praying for Joey at the White Coats!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor little guy! Amputating his toe may seem extreme at the outset however, your vet seems pretty confident this is the best procedure and we can all hope for the best result for Joey. Lots of good thoughts and wishes for your baby as he heals and gets back on his paws.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Sorry to hear about Joey's accident with his toe; it sounds painful. No doubt you will be relieved when the amputation is over and your boy is back home recovering. Healing thoughts are going out for Joey and good thoughts for you too.

Oof, how stressful for both of you! I hope the procedure goes well and he is back to himself in no time!

Lots of prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent for Joey. May all go well with this.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thankfully he is a cat, and likely will not miss that one toe. Hopefully everything will go well, and he will be pain-free soon. Give him a kiss on the noggin from me!
    I've Been Frosted