Thread: Liz & Squirt :-(

Liz & Squirt :-(

To the owner(s) of LIZ & SQUIRT :

I know you believe you are taking good care of the Iguanas, but in fact you aren't. Not to be rude or a "know-it-all," but I can name some things you are probably doing wrong. For one, you give your Iguanas too much freedom. Don't let them loose outside! When you say swimming at the JERSEY SHORE, if you mean outside at a lake or pond, whatever it may be, they could swim out of your reach, and I'm sure you know IGUANAS ARE EXCELLENT SWIMMERS; and losing your Iguanas isn't a funny thing. Finding Squirt FOUR BLOCKS FROM YOUR HOME?! FIRST OF ALL, you're NOT SUPPOSED TO LET THEM OUTSIDE UNSUPERVISED. If you REALLY loved your Iguanas you wouldn't let them outside alone. Counting the number of terrible things that could happen to her within a short amount of time, the minute you let her out the door, she's dead. But APPARENTLY not in your case. SQUIRT got LUCKY. Considering her owner(s) let her free UNSUPERVISED and she, fortunately, was safe. Also, OUTSIDE, they have no form of heat that is needed. Sure, the sun, but that may not always be available. She could die from an extended period of coldness. HOPEFULLY you know that Iguanas are COLD-BLOODED. Your Iguanas look SEVEN months old. That could have resulted in a number of things: Improper diet and/or heating/lighting, calcium deficency, etc. It also sounds like your Iguana's lives are full of fear. When a dog scares one of them, when a child reaches for candy. Sure, you would expect a fearful wild Iguana, but not those in captivity.
    Look, I'm just trying to help and I'm concerned about your Iguana's health. Please, at least, CONSIDER taking better care of your Iguanas.
    "It can't rain all the time." -Eric Draven
    "If you have words, you have power." -Brian

Oh dear, you're right....I am always so thrilled to see reptiles on here, but that makes me a bit sad. My aunt's iggy used to free-roam her house, but he got seriously hurt once so they made him a large habitat. Eep.

Thank you Wolf_Q!