Thread: Introducing miss charlotte aka "charlie"

Threaded View

Introducing miss charlotte aka "charlie"

Charlotte, an 8 year old black beauty who belonged to a woman suffering from throat cancer. The woman asked a local rescue in NY to find Charlotte a "foster" home. I stepped up to the plate. Unfortunately, her owner didn't want her coming all the way to CT.

Time went by. She's in a foster home with lots of kittens and a dog and isn't doing very well, to the point of pulling out her belly hair. But because I live a distance away, she wouldn't allow her to come to me.

Two weeks went by and no one locally would give this poor girl a chance. I got an email telling me the woman would rather bring her to a shelter than let her come live with me. I know what Charlotte's chances of getting adopted, especially from a high kill shelter...SLIM TO NONE. This douche would rather have her cat killed than allow her to live out her life in a loving home. I was outraged!!!!! I asked Trudy (the coordinator) why someone can't just tell this lady they'll take the cat to a shelter and transport her to me.

Well, that is what is happening. Tomorrow I'm meeting the transport in New Haven at 5 pm., and Charlotte will be home for good! I'm asking everyone to say prayers that my cats accept her. I'm taking a chance not knowing how she is with adult cats, although the current foster says she's fine with adults, just can't stand being around kittens (I know THAT feeling). I could not, in good conscience, let them kill a cat

I tried to post her picture but it wouldn't allow it. I'll try later once she's home and settled.
    Last edited by moosmom; 07-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!