Thread: Introducing miss charlotte aka "charlie"

Introducing miss charlotte aka "charlie"

Charlotte, an 8 year old black beauty who belonged to a woman suffering from throat cancer. The woman asked a local rescue in NY to find Charlotte a "foster" home. I stepped up to the plate. Unfortunately, her owner didn't want her coming all the way to CT.

Time went by. She's in a foster home with lots of kittens and a dog and isn't doing very well, to the point of pulling out her belly hair. But because I live a distance away, she wouldn't allow her to come to me.

Two weeks went by and no one locally would give this poor girl a chance. I got an email telling me the woman would rather bring her to a shelter than let her come live with me. I know what Charlotte's chances of getting adopted, especially from a high kill shelter...SLIM TO NONE. This douche would rather have her cat killed than allow her to live out her life in a loving home. I was outraged!!!!! I asked Trudy (the coordinator) why someone can't just tell this lady they'll take the cat to a shelter and transport her to me.

Well, that is what is happening. Tomorrow I'm meeting the transport in New Haven at 5 pm., and Charlotte will be home for good! I'm asking everyone to say prayers that my cats accept her. I'm taking a chance not knowing how she is with adult cats, although the current foster says she's fine with adults, just can't stand being around kittens (I know THAT feeling). I could not, in good conscience, let them kill a cat

I tried to post her picture but it wouldn't allow it. I'll try later once she's home and settled.
    Last edited by moosmom; 07-22-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Moosmom, you are the best! Welcome, Miss Charlotte ! Prayers that your crew will accept her, and I will go light a candle as well. xoxox

Edited to add candle: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=18905824
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Good for you. I hope all the animals like her. You're so kind to give her a home.

God bless you, Donna, and God bless Miss Charlotte too! How awful is that woman NOT to want her to go to you but rather let her be PTS.

Welcome HOME, Miss Charlotte! You couldn't have asked for a better outcome here! We're looking forward to meeting you in PURRRSON here!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Donna, I'm glad that you were so persistent and now she'll be coming home to live out her life with you and your other cats. I hope that things go well. My latest addition doesn't like kittens either and it took her only a few days to adjust to my other male cats. I hope that Charlotte will adjust this quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to both of you.

Thanks KAK. She's home and in my room and doing great!! I feel so bad for her, as her belly is absent fur because of all the stress.

I found out today that the woman had already dumped the cat at the high kill shelter. The rescue pulled her on June 2nd. This biatch lied to us all saying Charlotte was in a foster home and she was visiting her on a regular basis when, in fact, she was at the high kill shelter. She had been at the shelter for two months before someone pulled her.

Charlotte is doing so well so far. I checked on her a little while ago and she was in the window enjoying the view. I have a feeling this is going to be another easy transition.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

That's horrible that the woman was not only lying about where her cat was but that she was at a high kill shelter. I just don't understand how any pet loving owner could do this to their beloved pet. I'm so glad that she was pulled in time. I know she'll do well in your home because it's filled with the love and care that she needs right now. Good luck.

Biatch is too mild a word for this monster! How can anyone dump their beloved pet in a high kill shelter! That's cold and inhuman. I am so happy that Charlotte will now know nothing but love!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

katladyd,

I know, but it IS a family website so...I don't need getting an "ahem" message from Karen. LOL

That alleged-human previous owner should be dumped at a high-kill shelter!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Thanks for rescuing Charlotte. I hope she acclimates well.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

How wonderful that you could save Charlotte and she is transitioning well. Odd that a "high kill" shelter would hold a cat for 2 months. Here the shelters give them only a week before they PTS. Terrible. I am currently trying to re-home several of mine, as I can no longer take care of so many. As desperate as I am, I would NEVER relinquish them to a kill shelter, or ANY shelter, for that matter. Well, that is another topic and I need to post pics and start a thread about my situation. Not sure how to put up pics, but I will try to figure it out.

Your kindness will be rewarded, moosmom.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Aw thanks, AvaJoy!! Good luck placing your babies.

Miss Charlotte's picture.Name:  charlotte.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  3.7 KB
    I've Been Frosted

AAAAWWWWWWWwwwwwwwww!!! What a sweetie!

Please give her some skritchies from me and head-bumpies from the cats! God bless you and her both, Donna.

Death thought about it.