Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30 Cats in one trailer...oh my gosh...

Originally posted by mel55smiles
    NEAR OUR HOUSE WE HAVE A CAT COLLECTOR, WITH 60+ CATS
    AND NONE OUR ALTERED, BECAUSE EVERY TIME YOU PASS BY THEIR IS AT LEAST TEN MORE CATS,.

CAT COLLECTORS ARE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE HELPING BY GIVNG CATS A HME BUT REALLY THEY ARE ONLY MAKNG IT WORSE,
    ONE DAY I SAW A KITTEN, ABUOT 6 WEEKS OLD OVER THEIR, WITH A BULGING EYE...

Hi, I am new to this site but I am wondering why this neighbor is allowed to have that many cats? Every county has a limit on cat ownership, in mine we are allowed only five. Can't you call animal control and have the cat's removed? Cat Collecting is illegal and if you turn these people in you will be doing a great service to those cats. If there is a rescue group in your area they can also work with animal control and go in and take the cats.
    I am with a no kill rescue group and we work closely with animal control in these situations and the cats are always found with health problems that could have been resolved if caught earlier.

WE LIVE IN THE COUNTRY.

SHE IS MY BEST-BEST FREINDS GRANMOTHER.

SHE IS ALSO MOVING TO OHIO SOON, I DON'T WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE CATS...
    PROUDLY OWNED BY LONNIE, GIRLIE, AMY, GUINESS, AND LOGAN-BLUE

r.i.p dorothy the mouse

We have Spay Neuter Programs in our area that provide free or low cost Spay /neuter to those who cannot afford it. Maybe you could do a search for something similar in your local area.

If you think she will be moving soon and unable to take the cats with her you may want to help her get as many spayed/neutered and adopted as possible before she goes. Unfortunately most shelters do euthanize and with those numbers it is unlikely they would be able to take them all in one go especially since you say you live in the country.

Try and find a good rescue group in your area who will be able to give you advice on how to deal with the problem. Most shelters are totally donation funded so they may not have the resources to take the cats but most are willing to offer advice.

If the younger cats are sociable then they stand a better chance of finding a home, the sooner you can get them spayed/neutered the better their chances of finding a loving family.

Our local Spay Neuter Program offers Free S/N to cats under 6 months who haven't had a litter and is as little as $5 for a cat over 6 months/ or has had a litter.

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. If you need advice on listing cats for adoption, making your own website with pictures and bios or anything else web related just shout

Originally posted by mel55smiles
    WE LIVE IN THE COUNTRY.

SHE IS MY BEST-BEST FREINDS GRANMOTHER.

SHE IS ALSO MOVING TO OHIO SOON, I DON'T WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE CATS...

I live in a unincorporated area known as a green strip but we do have a shelter and you are not required to give your name when reporting an animal problem, maybe you can just tip them off. You might ask your friend what is going to happen to the cats and offer her help her Grandmother as a friend of the family, I know a lot of rescue groups that will come pretty far if they can help and they all have foster homes, The Grandmother might be worrying about the cats herself but doesn't know where to get help before moving. Every Rescue group in the country is listed on the web it's something to think about. I would be happy to help if I can.

THANKS I WILL TALK TO BECCA AT SCHOOL TOMMOROW.

IF I NEED ANY HELP I WILL LET YOU KNOW MISTYB.
    PROUDLY OWNED BY LONNIE, GIRLIE, AMY, GUINESS, AND LOGAN-BLUE

r.i.p dorothy the mouse

Four cats left to be adopted

Well, I went to play with my little buddies last night. Only four left. Two white females and two orange boys. They all have issues, of course, but I am hoping that some kind soul will come along and take them two at a time. They were enjoying not having so much competition as before and they played like there was no tomorrow, last night. I really got to know them better this time. The shelter had a great adoption weekend this past weekend and many of the shelter's cats were adopted. There is a beautiful orange female kitten (along with her brother - black ) and boy am I tempted. Miley would NEVER forgive me if I brought another cat home. She is just now playing with Gabe and it has been several months since Gabe arrived.

Anyway, four left!

That's such good news! I'm so glad that the kitties are feeling happy and playful and so many of them got good homes. I like a kitty story that has a happy ending. Thanks for keeping us posted!

the voice of temptation: take the kitties....take the kitties....take the kitties.... Ooops, sorry SAS....usually that little voice only talks to me

Well I hope that they all get adopted soon!
    I Cheer
    I Bump, Set, & Spike
    I Freethrow

GO FIGHT WIN!

or in the words of Cataholic:
    Go, Fight, Win the Lottery!

Sincerly signed a very Spirited Cheerleader!