Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridiculous News Stories

I can't believe this is legal under Missouri Animal Abuse laws. I take it to mean, If the animal belongs to you, you can do whatever you want with it. That's crazy.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/u...ho-drowned-cat
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This makes me absolutely sick, and sad. Play hard at the Bridge, precious kittens.

Police: 'Bored' teen used bow and arrows to hunt kittens (From the Chicago Tribune)

An East Chicago teen told police he used a bow and arrow to hunt and kill three kittens in an alley behind his home because he was bored.

The 17-year-old boy has been charged as a juvenile with killing a domestic animal and torturing or mutilating a domestic animal, both felonies, according to the Lake County sheriff's department.

The teen confessed that, during the week of Aug. 4, he was bored so he decided to use a compound bow to hunt kittens living in an alley behind his home, the department said.

The teen killed three kittens, one of them speared through the head, officials said. The teen then posted photos on Facebook of him playing with the dead kittens, the department said.

Officials say Facebook removed the photos.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

How utterly sickening. What is wrong with "people" these days?

May you kittens be well and happy playing at the Bridge. I will see you, One Fine Day.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sick.

How about the three a*******s (excuse my language) who killed the Australian Guy because they felt like killing someone?
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/21/justic...illed-oklahoma

Where oh where were their parents? At least the teens have been caught and arrested ...

This is not animal-related, but it makes me embarrassed to be a nurse. What on earth was the nurse thinking? When patients go to the hospital, they expect (among other things) that information about them will be protected. This makes me so mad.

-------
    MAYWOOD, Ill. (STMW) – A nurse at a west suburban hospital stole the identity of a patient, opened several credit accounts in the woman’s name and purchased thousands of dollars worth of clothing, police said.

Katrina R. Spears, 32, of the 5700 block of South Calumet Avenue in Chicago, was charged Sunday with felony identity theft, according to Riverside police.

On Aug. 27, a 50-year-old Riverside woman told police that after undergoing a medical procedure at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, she started having financial problems.

When she tried to buy allergy medication in July, she was told her name was on a “no-buy list.” A few weeks later, she received a notice from Nordstrom’s that she was denied credit. But since she never applied for a credit card, she filed a report with police, police said.

Several banks and clothing stores contacted the woman over the next few weeks about credit accounts being opened or products being purchased online, including thousands of dollars worth of clothing.

The woman then recalled that while being treated at Loyola, a nurse had mentioned her clothing and they’d had a conversation about fashion as she filled out her paperwork, police said.

Investigators learned the clothing had been delivered to a home in the 5700 block of South Calumet Avenue and, working with the Loyola security and IT departments, traced the computer transactions to a specific IP address at the hospital.

Using password and log-in information, they narrowed the search to Spears, who was arrested when she arrived at the hospital Friday, according to police, who said the address on her driver’s license was the same as the delivery address for the merchandise.

Riverside Police Chief Thomas Weitzel said in the statement that detectives are “still attempting to assist the victim in clearing her name through the credit organizations” and he lauded Loyola staff with “assisting in the investigation and aggressively advocating for the patient…”

The investigation is ongoing, but Weitzel said it appears to be an isolated incident.

Spears was ordered held on a $10,000 bond and a preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 16 in Maywood.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

In Chicago... A 17 year old boy lives on the south side and attends a college prep high school on the west side, where he's in the 11th grade. He takes two different elevated train lines to get to and from school. He's a 4.0 student with big plans for college. Problem: he's hassled by gang members on his way to and from school, probably because he is a good kid. He makes a bad decision- gets a gun from a friend and takes it to school. Who gets arrested? Not the gangbangers who have been annoying this kid every day - but the boy who is trying to get Up and Out. To Mayor Emanuel: I think you should drop the charges against this boy and have him and his mother relocated to a better neighborhood so he can finish his last two years of high school, be a normal kid, go on to college and have a happy life. Parts of Chicago are run by the drug dealers and the gang members, which is tragic.