Thread: Kenwood: The Constant Talker

Kenwood: The Constant Talker

I found Kenwood and her sister, Icom in a plastic trash can in 1998. It was a hot summer day and I was working in my yard I heard a strange noise coming from the can. I opened it up and there were two kittens tied together with shoe strings around their chests. They were panting and I knew they needed help. I cut the string off and took a cloth, doused it in water and wiped their fur with it, gave them water and some food and they quickly recovered. I can only speculate they were minutes away from death.
    We shared our lives together for 15 years.

Kenwood passed late this morning.

She had been on medications and suffering with thyroid problems for the past six months, and more recently; devolved kidney and heart problems had surfaced. She was slowly deteriorating and becoming very emaciated. Her forward motion was erratic and her head was stooped and she couldn’t raise her head up and she couldn’t control herself. The vet told me any medications given to her now, in combination; all of them would be fighting each other.

So I made a very difficult decision, and the vet concluded, it was time to put her down, she weighed only 3.5 lbs when she passed.

I asked if I could have a stethoscope to listed to her heart beat while she passed. The vet told me I was the first person ever to ask of this request since she began her practice.

I was granted this request.

I don’t think is morbid in any way, I think it’s an act of love and respect to member of a family that has been a part of one’s life and to be with her in her last moments of her life.

They found a vein in her right leg and I watched a small amount of her blood flow in to the syringe. The vet looked at me and I nodded, she slowly administrated the euthanasia fluid.

I leaned over and kiss her good buy as she entered in to eternity.

Her heart beat was very rapidly at first, then slowed down, then slower yet, then down to one or two beats, then nothing. I could hear her purring in her last few breaths of life. This all took about 10 seconds. It was all done very professionally and respectfully of me, and Kenwood.

So now life goes on. Now it’s me and Icom, Kenwood sister. Icom has no idea what has happened to her sister, I doubt if animals miss each other when one is gone from the pack.

Kenwood pain is gone, mine will endure for a while. This will diminish in time.

Reno

Awww, rest in peace, loved kitty. You had a scary start, but a good long life with you person. Send Reno some purrs in dreams so they know you have safe and pain free, up at the Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Frosted

A long life, filled with love. Most of us should be so lucky. RIP, Kenwood. Send a message to your sibling and purrent, letting them know you safely arrived at the RB.

You saved Kenwood in the nick of time all those years ago, gave her a wonderful life, and were there for the last kindness we often can give our pets.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    You gave Kenwood a long and happy life - which would never have been if it wasn't for you.

RIP Kenwood - fly free and be happy.

p.s.
    I know from years of having fur kids leave others behind, that the ones who are left behind, do indeed miss the one who is gone. It has been documented many times by people in all walks of life, that some even die from a broken heart and loneliness. Our furkids definitely have emotions just like we do, tho they can't express them as we do.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am so very sorry. What a wonderful long life Kenwood shared with you and Icom, after such a scary beginning for them both! God bless you for finding them, nursing them to health, and giving them a delightful home full of love. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love and grieve and will miss Kenwood so very much. May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort.

Rest in peace, darling Kenwood, you are so beloved. You are whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, a glorious Angel now! Please send your dear Reno and Icom some purrs and whisker kisses in their dreams to remind them that you are well and are still with them.

Love is eternal, and you are together always. You will all be united in eternity, One Fine Day.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you for saving Kenwood and Icom all those years ago. Thank you again for being so kind and being with her as she crossed over.
    Many blessings to you, for it shows kindness and character. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Smile

We are so sorry to hear about Kenwood , what a sad way to start a life!!!
    But you had such a great life , and that made up for 15 years of love and laughter with your family.

You will so welcome Kenwood at the Rainbow Bridge , all of Our Awesome Angels will just love to talk to you.
    And we know that you will find a place where you and your sister will all be together in love .
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Awww, rest in peace, loved kitty. You had a scary start, but a good long life with you person. Send Reno some purrs in dreams so they know you have safe and pain free, up at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Thank you for your thoughts. It's been a tough week.

Reno

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    A long life, filled with love. Most of us should be so lucky. RIP, Kenwood. Send a message to your sibling and purrent, letting them know you safely arrived at the RB.
    Thank your for your comments. It's been a tough week.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    You saved Kenwood in the nick of time all those years ago, gave her a wonderful life, and were there for the last kindness we often can give our pets.
    Thank you for your thoughts I's been a tough week.

Reno

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    You gave Kenwood a long and happy life - which would never have been if it wasn't for you.

RIP Kenwood - fly free and be happy.

p.s.
    I know from years of having fur kids leave others behind, that the ones who are left behind, do indeed miss the one who is gone. It has been documented many times by people in all walks of life, that some even die from a broken heart and loneliness. Our furkids definitely have emotions just like we do, tho they can't express them as we do.
    Thank you for your thoughts It's been a tough week.

Reno

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I am so very sorry. What a wonderful long life Kenwood shared with you and Icom, after such a scary beginning for them both! God bless you for finding them, nursing them to health, and giving them a delightful home full of love. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love and grieve and will miss Kenwood so very much. May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort.

Rest in peace, darling Kenwood, you are so beloved. You are whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, a glorious Angel now! Please send your dear Reno and Icom some purrs and whisker kisses in their dreams to remind them that you are well and are still with them.

Love is eternal, and you are together always. You will all be united in eternity, One Fine Day.

Thank you for your thoughts It's been a tough week.

Reno

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Kenwood. Please take care.

I just lost one of my furry guys, so I know what you are going through. I know that you will never forget Kenwood, but I hope that your heart will heal in time.

Kenwood is now happy and healthy waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge where you will join together again one fine day.