Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Summer!!! Vet Updates Added

Introducing Summer!!! Vet Updates Added

I'm sure this is getting very old with you reading about all of my new additions but I decided to let the cat out of the bag instead of keeping her a secret. Yes, the newbie is not only a female but she's not orange either. Wow!!! What a shock! I actually fell in love with her when I was helping FOSMAS out in early June with their Maddies Adoptathon. The only reason that I didn't adopt her that very day is that she's a female. Now FOSMAS is having another price break for adult cats that are over 18 months old to hopefully help them get adopted during kitten season. Through the month of July all 18 month old and older adults are only $17.76. I kept thinking about her and she is very used to being around a lot of cats both female and male. Bentley also knows her. I officially adopted her on Fri. July 5th and I'm taking a nice staycation until July 15th. She's a petite Siamese mix even though she doesn't have the Siamese markings. Her mom looked like a Siamese and she was brought to FOSMAS with her mom and 6 other siblings. She's a little over 2 years old and now only her shy brother is left looking for his forever home. If you remember Digit, she's his sister. My co-worker and her daughter adopted him last year in early April. I'll post a picture of him too.

Since it's now kitten season, Summer was taken back to her foster mom's house. Unfortunately she started losing some of her fur. When I saw her, I also noticed what looked like flea dirt on her. I suspected that she had fleas and I was right. Her foster mom put Advantage ll on her and I've been keeping her in my bathroom. I later combed out 8 live fleas. Yuck!!! Later on I was sweeping the bathroom floor and I swept up 3 more live fleas. The next morning I swept up a few dead fleas and I couldn't find any more fleas on Summer. I later cleaned the bathroom very well and then I sprayed Orange Guard in all of the crack and crevices. I also sprayed it on the carpet in front of the bathroom door. This product is safe to use around food, pets, and people. You can either buy is at Orchard Supply Hardware or online. I've already used it at one of my pet sitting jobs to kill carpenter ants and it really worked well. Summer was in my other bathroom in a carrier while I was cleaning the main bathroom.

I thought all was finally well until a live flea jumped on my white slippers this morning when I was sweeping up some litter in Summer's bathroom. I still can't find any fleas on her. Today her foster mom came over to give me some drontal pills just in case she now has tapeworms. I gave her the first dose and in 2 weeks I'll give the second dose. I'm still worried about fleas though. I put advantage ll on all of my cats every month and they're due this Sunday. I made annual exam appointments for Sky, Bentley, Levi, and Summer for this Tues. morning at 10am. I now learned that my vet only works from Sun.-Tues. She used to work from Sun.-Wed. On Mon. she does surgery most of the day so she has limited appointments. Summer keeps scratching her head and her ears. She did have some ear wax in her ears which I cleaned out but it didn't look like ear mites or anything. Just to be safe I'm going to keep her in the bathroom until my vet gives me the all clear for her to be out and about with the others. Please wish me good luck with everything. Now on with the pictures.

Summer's Petfinder Pictures:

As a young kitten.

As a young adult cat.

These were taken last night. She's a sink kitty too.

More pictures coming up.>>>>>
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 07-10-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Summer:

Digit (Summer's Brother):

That's all for now.

Goodness, you sure don't do things halfway do you?
    She's a cutie pie! I hope she and the rest of the crew gets along well. I love, no I adore, that little beauty mark on her nose! Kiss her *right there* for me, please?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

She's a cutie pie.

Both of my current boys are in the habit of scratching, but they have no trace of fleas since I adopted them: the vet and their rescue crew think they just got in the habit in the 'bad old days'. I hope you and Summer and your furry crew have a wonderful life together.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

She is gorgeous, as is her brother. Congrats!

Oh my, Summer has such pretty markings! She's so pretty and a wow, a girl!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratulations to you and Summer! What a cutie pie she is.

I hope you got rid of the flees and she will be welcomed by your crew.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Insane! And, I LOVE it!

Welcome, Summer. You have it made in the (orangie) shade there.

Finally, someone who is even crazier than I am! Welcome Summer, you are in a PT home!

Tracey, I know that sometimes dogs will scratch when they are nervous or concerned. I don't know about cats. You can ask the vet if is possible, she must know by smell there are lots of other kitties around her, and as yet she hasn't met them. Or it could be habit, or it could be she still has something itching her, lots of possibilities!

Tracy, also please PLEASE keep in mind you are getting many cats in the same age range. In 15 years or so they are all going to be developing age issues, and that can be tough when many hit it at the same tine. I went through this last year, losing 2 dogs the same day, one 14 and one 15 years of age. I have 6 cats all within 18 months of one another age wise, so now I know, I need both emotional and financial stores to get through their old age!

Oh my gosh! Tracey, you are amazing (if that's the right word)!

Welcome HOME, darling Summer.. You are a beauty!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh my goodness! congratulations on the new addition! she's absolutely adorable and I just love her markings! I sure hope all the flea stuff is under control and she gets the "OK" to get out and about with all her new siblings! You're a nut, Tracey - I love it and miss you! :-)

Summer you are quite the Little Cat of the Future and will be such a Great Cat. You look so much like my Scrappy Two , such a Grand Cat. You will give your family so many years of pleasure.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I LOVE her markings! I am just totally facinated with those markings....

Welcome to your new forever home Summer.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Count me in on loving her markings! Congrats!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!