Thread: Farewell Conner

Farewell Conner

It has been just over a week since you left me and the house has never been this silent ... During the last couple of weeks of your life you had a very difficult time and I am sorry about that. I didn't know at the time, but you were suffering from FIP and it is a HORRIBLE disease. I am sorry for the pain and suffering you went through. On Thursday (June 27) I picked you up from the vet's office and I knew that it was time to let you go. I just wanted one more night with you at home. We came home and I knew immediately that something was wrong because you couldn't walk. I slept with you that night and knew that it would be our last time together. The next day the vet was exceptionally kind and came to the house so you would not have to make the trip to the RB in an office. We spent Friday cuddling together and as you laid in my lap, he helped you pass on to the RB.

I hope that you are at peace and are making friends there.

There is so much that we don't know about you and your background You started off as a street cat in Bahrain. You and Ally had your problems, but you were well loved by your family When your family had to leave Bahrain everyone from PT chipped in and you flew to the USA to stay with me. This was the first transatlantic PT kitty flight and Phred even showed us how to track in realtime.

You joined my merry little band of furry paws in time for Thanksgiving 2006. That first spring I had the windows open and you were looking out meowing at the birds. You were so loud that the neighbors came to check and make sure that everything was okay. You were always looking out the upstairs window waiting for me to come home. You made sure to alert everyone else in the house by meowing very loudly when I was walking up to the door.

We had some challenges but I loved you very much and I miss out cuddle time at night when you would sit on my lap and I would read the paper. There is a little part of me that died with you that Friday. Please keep it safe and with you until we meet again...

Miss you

I read this, and honestly, I had to log back out to compose myself. I am just so sad to hear that Connor has left you.I don't know how much more I can say. Many heartfelt sympathies to you. I know the years of memories will bring you some peace.
    Johanna

I am so very sorry. Deepest sympathy to you and all who love Conner so very, very much. What a wonderful life full of love you and he shared! You brought him home from far away in time for Thanksgiving! and introduced him to some new kitty friends.. What sweet pictures of him there are in this thread! - http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ghlight=conner

Conner is healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge now. He is a glorious Angel and will welcome you Home, One Fine Day. May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort.

Rest in peace, darling Conner. You are greatly loved and greatly missed and grieved.

God bless and love you all.

Last edited by phesina; 07-07-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

FIP is horrible, as you said. I am sorry you and Conner had to part due to this disease.

My sympathies on your loss. Conner feels so much better, now. RIP, Conner.

Aww, our hugs to you, Cheryl.

Rest in peace Connor, old boy! From the streets of Bahrain to being a loved cat on two continents with friends worldwide, you certainly came a long way, and have left a legacy of love! Find the softest spots up there at the Rainbow Bridge, and then look for Phred, and Corinna and all the Pet Talkers up there, and report in, okay? And send Cherl some loud meows in her dreams so she'll know you got there okay! And send a few to your first momma, Julie, wherever she is in the world now, too!
    I've Been Frosted

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave me LES while reading your post and I can tell that Conner was a very loved cat. RIP sweet boy. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I'm so sorry about Conner. You gave him a wonderful home.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am saddened to hear about Conner. He was such a well loved kitty.
    I loved re-reading his story about how he came to live with you.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I'm so sorry that Conner is no longer with us. He was a lovely boy.
    It was great that he found a wonderful new home with you for these past years. Thank you for being there for him.
    Godspeed, handsome Conner.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. Here is a picture on Conner on his last day...

Name:  conner 6-28-13.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  1.60 MB

Oh, dearest Conner, rest in peace, beloved kittycat.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry about Conner - RIP sweetie, and Peace to your Mom.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!