Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's an Independence Day Thursday #540!

It's an Independence Day Thursday #540!

It's a rainy day here and I have a rack of ribs in the grill......

I have BBQed at nite in 35 degree weather before, so no worries!

Slaw, beans and a Red and White wines and a Blue Hawaii for the DOTD....We have to get some kind festive drink colored blue.

All except for Gini, She told me that she won't drink any blue drinks, they remind her of toilet bowl cleaners.....

I think she'll give us a pass fot this week.

--------

And speaking of fire?

Who gave the ORC a Bic and that box of sparklers?

The sparklers were SUPPOSED to be for someone's birthday cake tomorrow, but someone intercepted them before I could get the alien signalling device set up.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    All consumer fireworks - including sparklers - are banned and illegal in DE. I thought a lot of states banned them, but the only others that do, are NY, NJ, and MA. Of course that doesn't stop people from going to a neighboring state that sells them, and bringing them over the state border and to their house. My son used to do this. You can get fined if caught, but I don't know of anyone that ever reports their neighbors setting them off.

I'll take a helping of those ribs, please. Any coleslaw available??? - and how about a lemonade to wash it down?

I'm sticking close to home and will watch the fireworks on t.v. There are fireworks in town, but the mosquitoes are terrible this year - no way I'm going out and get eaten alive...........

To those of you venturing out to celebrate - be safe and enjoy!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    All consumer fireworks - including sparklers - are banned and illegal in DE. I thought a lot of states banned them, but the only others that do, are NY, NJ, and MA. Of course that doesn't stop people from going to a neighboring state that sells them, and bringing them over the state border and to their house. My son used to do this. You can get fined if caught, but I don't know of anyone that ever reports their neighbors setting them off.
    Several years ago, we were having the formerly annual Fourth of July party at my aunt's house.

We always had fireworks, despite their status as banned items in the great Commonwealth of Taxachusetts.

This was a multi-generation party, with 30-40 people ranging in age from 2 to 80+, in a town with a small police department with one cell in the police station to serve as a drunk tank for the weekend DUIs. Along about lunchtime, an officer appears, lights on the cruiser flashing, gets out, and proceeds to tell my Aunt that if he heard one more firecracker go off in the area he was going to come back and arrest everyone. We somehow managed to keep a straight face until the fool left. Would have made one heck of a headline for the next day's paper.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I'll take a helping of those ribs, please. Any coleslaw available??? - and how about a lemonade to wash it down?
    Coleslaw and lemonade with ribs? No problem, we aim to please! Root beer floats and ice cream birthday cake are available if anyone so desires.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

This sounds like a good blue cocktail....

The Blue Bayou
    Ingredients:

1 cup of ice
    1 1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz blue curaçao
    1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple
    2 oz grapefruit juice
    chunk of pineapple for garnish
    Preparation:

Pour the ingredients into a blender.
    Blend until smooth.
    Pour into a chilled margarita glass.
    Garnish with the pineapple.

Anyone?
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I'll stick with my iced tea, thanks, Pinot and her mom, but blue is my favorite color, I bet that's a real pretty drink!

Ice cream cake with Jenny for her birthday, thanks! And I'll dispense some Beano before I let a certain pooch lick the paper plate clean, I promise!

And Lady's Human, at least that wasn't the year we accidentally set the woods on fire! (To any concerned readers, don't worry, just some underbrush burned before the best runners in the crew got there to stomp it out!)
    I've Been Frosted

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

Off to see the first indy race at Pocono in 25 years in the AM!.

Cool, is the whole crew going?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!

Off to see the first indy race at Pocono in 25 years in the AM!.
    Did you enjoy the race? How about poor Hinchcliff wrecking on the first lap! A root beer float and some ribs sounds great.

Years ago at a science fiction convention they were serving "intergalactic Smurf solvent" which I think was similar to the recipe above. Pretty good stuff!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Time to dispense food, fun and foolishness!

------

I do have to say that those ribs were really good.

I was in the story picking up the meat and I heard the butcher and a customer talking about the weather and the customer says, "No grilling today, it's gonna rain all day..."

I laughed.

I put them on the grill and left them on the top rack for 4 hours with a wood chip box that I found at Kmart.

------------

Let's get some 'solvent' served, lemonade and more food?

Done.

----------------

In Lost Angeles all fireworks are banned.

My brother lives in a neighborhood that is next to the freeway and kinda out-of-the-way.

Every year the neighbors get together and shoot off massive amounts of fireworks.

It's so big that the cops come by to watch.........
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I have BBQed at nite in 35 degree weather before, so no worries!
    I meant to respond to this earlier - Richard, until you've barbecued wearing mittens with snow falling on you, I don't think that counts as challenging! In our old house, the father next door was known to do that from time to time!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I meant to respond to this earlier - Richard, until you've barbecued wearing mittens with snow falling on you, I don't think that counts as challenging! In our old house, the father next door was known to do that from time to time!
    There was snow on the ground....does that count?

We did that at my first job in Milwaukee between Christmas and New Year's...John P. grilling burgers and brats in a snowstorm!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    There was snow on the ground....does that count?
    Was it at least knee high?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Was it at least knee high?
    It never rains in Southern California, so knee high snow only exists in movies and photos.

---------------

Refills!!!!!!!

DONE!!!!