Thread: Sophie ~ Golden Retriever ~ Ate a corn dog stick and punctured her esophagus

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Sophie ~ Golden Retriever ~ Ate a corn dog stick and punctured her esophagus

IMOM.org is desperately trying to raise funds for Sophie. http://www.imom.org/community/index.php?showtopic=9581

Since Friday night, donations in the amount of $1,380 of the $2,080 needed for her life-saving surgery. Sweet Sophie has as abscess and a bacterial infection from the corn dog stick. (It has been removed and it's unclear as to whether it's the cause of the problem).

Her family has already spent $2,800 for treatment and are tapped out. Obviously, Sophie is a loved by her family and if funds can be raised by tomorrow or Tuesday, she can look forward to many more happy years with her family.

Her family has posted a photo of her with the kids. It's upside-down and I can't figure out how to rotate it.

One of the volunteers has issued a matching challenge. Elwen will match the next $100 that comes in. Here's a chance to turn your $1 into $2. No amount it too small.

You can follow Sophie's progress at the link above. If you are fortunate enough to be able to donate -- or willing to pass on tomorrow's latte, please follow the instructions in the first post of Sophie's thread:
    If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is [email protected]. Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.
    Please crosspost! Let's get this baby well and back with her loving family. If you have any suggestions for the family on other ways to raise funds or have some experience with this sort of thing, or just want to wish her family well, please post them in Sophie's thread on IMOM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Yikes, poor doggie! I am glad she at least on antibiotics right now, hopefully that'll keep the infection from spreading until she can get the surgery!
    I've Been Frosted

Maybe they could put a jar at every hot dog cart on town, or restaurants - buy a (hot) dog & help a (hurt) dog - and raise money that way! Might be worth a shot!
    I've Been Frosted

Update from IMOM this morning:

FUND UPDATE: Sophie has $1620 in donations and needs $460 more.

Elwen – your Matching Challenge has been met – feel free to send in your funds!

And now, James has issued a new MATCHING CHALLENGE for the next $150!!!!! (however, James is so supportive that he already sent in his $ and that is already included in the fund update).

So here’s where we stand. Once James Matching Challenge is met and Elwen’s Matching Funds are sent in, Sophie will need just $210 more to get her surgery.

First things first - we need to meet James’ Matching Challenge of $150!

Remember, we only have today to get this done. Keep spreading the word!

If you can help Sophie please make a donation - visit http://tinyurl.com/79og6jd and mark your gift "Sophie Nunn", or our Paypal address is [email protected]
    Please be sure to let us know who your gift is for.

Keep that momentum going!!!

I'm sorry to say that IMOM has closed Sophie's case. Her family stopped communicating with them after the requested funds were raised. We have no idea if Sophie received treatment.

This case has been closed because the owner has stopped communicating with the committee.

I apologize to those I corresponded with via email that I was unable to keep the case open as I promised you I would do.

I hope Sophie is well. We did the best we could do to help her.

If anyone who made a donation would like a refund, please send a copy of your receipt to [email protected]