Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Me and Clover's horrible night (update: paw pictures on page 2)

Sweet Clover, Pink is definitely your color !

Once those little patuties of yours heal, you need to get more hard surface/concrete time, where something like this won't happen again.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Shame on anyone who would think you were a bad owner for that, you were seeing how she would react, and she slipped her leash!

When Star was alive (Before she went deaf) she once chewed her way through a solid wood door, breaking off three of her teeth in the process, during a fireworks show. We knew she was afraid of fireworks, so we had her indoors with the radio playing and the TV on to muffle the sound, and she just reacted worse than any of us could have imagined. I gotta admit, it was a bit of a relief to us when Star went deaf and no longer panicked at thunderstorms, fireworks, and the dryer. -_-

Miss Clover, feel better soon! I hope tonight isn't too scary and your feet are all back to normal ASAP!

Hugs and prayers for Clover and her people Fireworks are hard for pets. I was just reading Facebook updates and saw notes from two friends whose dogs were very stressed by the noise.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks everyone. Clover seems to be improving everyday. Her feet are looking better too. I got to watch them redo it today and had a look at them with the bandage off. Only one paw was red and bleeding a little when they took off the gauze. She's getting up easier and is more willing to go outside. Unfortunately it's incredibly hot the past couple days so it's been very uncomfortable for her. I have her in the basement right now cause it feels almost like A/C down there. She's sleeping peacefully now. I'm not sure if I'll ever feel comfortable letting her off leash again...I'll worry she'll hear a noise and be gone again....I don't know what to do because she loved her off leash time and I feel every dog needs it. I don't like dog parks either, too many aggressive dogs.

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Clover is doing much better today. She got 3 of her wraps removed. She'll still need booties on when she goes outside until they're healed up more. Ever since she had them off, she's been acting more like herself. She's been getting up and moving around, she even picked up her favorite toy for the first time and carried it around. That made me so happy to see! She's been licking her feet a lot, but I think a lot of it is because she was so itchy having them wrapped up all week. I might have to put the cone of shame on though if she doesn't stop The vet said he was surprised to see them healing so quickly. I'm glad she's feeling more like herself again

Oh, thanks goodness! Glad she's feeling so much better! That must have been so cute, and such a huge relief, to see her carrying her toy around!
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Clover All my dogs hate fireworks with a passion as well. Glad to hear she is healing up nicely and returning to herself!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Poor girl The same exact thing happened to my co-workers dog, torn up paws on all 4. She brought her into work ( I'm a registered veterinary technician) and out Dr sent her hope with Rimadyl (for pain and inflammation) and Cefpodoxime (antibiotics). Both Clover and my co workers dog got so freaked out they took off at full force and they basically have skid marks on their paws. I hope Clover girl gets to feeling better soon!

Oh my, poor girl. Glad she is healing well and getting back to her old self. I think I would be the one traumatized if Towser would have ran off like that! The 4th was his first time experiencing fireworks and thankfully they don't phase him in the slightest.

Pawsitive thoughts for Miss Clover!
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Aww, so glad to hear she is almost back to her old self again.

Clover, stop licking or you'll have to wear the cone. And that's NOT fun!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm glad to hear Clover is feeling better. I thought she would recover with her bad feet but I too would be concerned about her reaction to any future loud noises. Poor dog; it really must terrify her. My outside dog Annie leaves her doghouse which is in a closed in carport (goes through doggy door) and goes under an old building when it thunders. She would be safe just staying in her doghouse but she wont stay there in a tstorm. So glad Clover is better.

Dear Clover, I hope you are able to leave your feeties alone. No cone for you please, sweety. *kissie*

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

All 4 wraps are off her feet now. I think they still have a long way to go but she's getting there. I keep her winter booties on most of the time so she doesn't rehurt them or lick them too much (which she is doing) I had to put her cone on for a bit today and she was so miserable She kept bumping into things when she walked around.

I took some pictures of her feet today so you can get an idea how they were. They've come a long way. There were bleeding and worn right through the pad. Poor girl. You can't see all the cuts from my photos. They look amazing compared to the first day.

From what I see there, she ran across a patch of sharp (probably glass) objects, and cut skin off of her paws. I see a reasonable thickness of skin outside the area of damage. So, my previous assumption of thinness/weakness in that area was incorrect, and didn't happen from just a desperate dash away in fear. It would have been a LOT worse if that had been the case. In fact, there's NO telling what she ran into out there.

My (presumption) of her running over Glass presents an additional problem.
    IF that was the case, with her trying to lick/clean the damaged areas, she may have swallowed some glass. Was there ever an X-Ray taken of her intestinal tract ? However, IF there was anything there that could cause a problem, it is very likely it (blood discharge from anus) would have shown up by now. Possibly a Fecal Swab and check for Blood would be in order at this late date.

I can see that healing well in time.
    Sneakers, Becca, Ichabod & NA'vi

Dogs know that you love them, whether you own them or not
    If you’re not watching FREE TV, you should be !

Dear sweet Clover, I wish I could make your paws all better! I hope they heal fast!

Sowa, I'm sure you will figure out how to give Clover the off leash time she enjoys. (((HUGS)))