Thread: Goodbye Jack

Goodbye Jack

I haven't been around in a long time, but for those of you who remember me and my kitties I wanted to post this.

Today I had to say goodbye to my friend Jack. This is the one that had Megacolon since 2007. I always thought that would be what did him in but I guess not. We just had a full lab work up done just this fall and all was fine!

He had a respiratory infection in February and never did seem to do as well after that. He got very fussy about his food and I had to go through hoops to get him to eat his medicine for Megacolon 3 times a day. We even changed to a different food for it that was working much better but about 2 weeks ago he started vomiting like he did in February. We tried repeating the same treatment but he was having a lot of bad days where he would barely eat enough to keep a kitten alive, other days ate like he used to. Because of not always eating he wasn't able to take his medication and as a consequence he was horribly constipated now. Poor thing hasn't had an enema since 2007 and if he had other issues I wasn't going to put him through another one.

I took him in today and we did a lab work up. I started crying before we even ran the tests as his blood was jaundice. The liver tests were all elevated, one so much it went off the scale of the machine. I thought his ears looked a bit yellowish last night but was hoping it was just his usually horrendous ear wax dirt. I guess I was trying to convince myself of that anyway.

I opted to have him put to sleep today. I will miss him horribly. I don't think Bear realizes he's gone yet and not sure how he will take it. Bear & Pooky were gotten as playmates for Jack when he was 2.

To add insult to injury, today is the EXACT same date as we had Dusty put to sleep in 2007. I guess July 2 is a bad day to be a cat in my house.

So now I'm down to being a 5 cat household. Cami is still doing fine in her separate room. Josh & Sassy are fat and affectionate as usual. Bear & Pooky have a touch of arthritis but doing fine otherwise.

Name:  Jack Memorial post size.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  410.1 KB

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Beautiful, beautiful Jack. You had a much longer life that others would have given you - you had a loving PT mom who did everything she could for you.

Please send your mom a purr while she sleeps to let her know you are fine, whole and happy.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in peace, handsome boy!
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy. Jack is now at rest at the Rainbow Bridge.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love Jack so very much. May your precious memories help to bring you peace and comfort.

What an utterly beautiful boy, Jack! And what a beautiful love you and he have shared and will share always. Jack is at the Rainbow Bridge now, whole and healthy again and ready to greet you and welcome you Home.. One Fine Day.

Rest in peace, darling Jack.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cool

It always takes something out of us when one of our Cat Companions becomes an Awesome Angel and we no longer have them there to share our love.
    Jack now has his wings of silver and gold and is now with Our Pet Talker Angels in Tobago, enjoying the tropical beaches.
    Maybe that is where Jack Your White Angel will find that special place where you will all be reunited in love forever.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry about handsome Jack. You did the very best you could.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I know it's no consolation, but Jack had a wonderful and loving home with you for many years, and I'm sure he knew it.

I'm sure you're playing free of pain at the Bridge by now sweet, beautiful, Jack. You went on wings of love. Peace to your Mom who loves you so.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I am so sorry to hear about your Jack; he was so handsome. It is so difficult to let a beloved pet go to RB but it's better for the pet but so hard on us. I like to think that your Jack is at the RB playing with my Luke and other cats. ((hugs)) Kay in NC

I remember it was so sweet - as Josh got bigger and bigger he and Jack were twins! I am sure you knew who was who.

Hugs to you, and to all your kitties.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I am so sorry to read this. Jack was a handsome boy, much loved for sure. Sleep softly, pretty one. Hugs to you and your kitties.

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to beautiful Jack. He knew he was loved and he had a wonderful life with you - I hope that will give you comfort.

Rest in peace, Jack!

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am truly and deeply sorry. RIP little Jack. You were most loved.

thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

It makes me cry to feed kitties with one less less bowl bowl on the counter & it's hard to stop myself from going to the kitty medicine cupboard after 6 years of routine three times a day.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. While your words made me start crying again, it felt good to know you all understand what I'm going through and that helps. Thank you for all your kind words of empathy and compassion, much appreciated.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I'm so sorry for your loss. Jack was such a handsome boy. RIP sweet Jack. Please take care. (((HUGS)))