Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: woohoo!

woohoo!

I move in on the 19th to the new house, 10 days, so a-packing I am going LOL
    I'm so glad it's done, I want to sponge paint the walls, and paint the door frames a different shade than the rest of the walls, I haven't decided what color yet, and I need tips on how to sponge paint, will have to go to some stores that sell that stuff and show you how to do it.
    does anyone have experience with this?
    Faith in God

Toughcookie- you have come to the right place...I have painted my bathroom five times (NOT A LIE), and the last time was sponged, and I love it. They also make a roller kit that does the trick, but I still think the hand technique (UBA- leave it alone he he) is the best. It couldn't be any easier. Pick your base colour. Then, depending on what you are looking for, and how large the area is, pick several sizes of sponge, and several pain colours, and after the base colour is totally dry, sponge on lightly. You will see how the coverage is, but, lighter is better. You can decide how much base you want showing, how big/bold the sponge shapes, etc. The best part? If you get too much other colour, just responge some base coat back on...

You guys need to talk to Mike...he's done all kinds of stuff to our house!! lol

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Cataholic
    thanks for the info!

I get the keys on the 19th, but I won't actually move in that day if I want to paint and have the carpet(in good condition an nice color) cleaned first, before I bring the kitties there. I am going to bring Cassie first and let her tromp around, she isn't bothered by anything, and if the others smell her throughout the house it may make it easier on them. and I will be going back and forth to there so I will have some of my things there and my smell. hopefully that and the furniture(or some of it, so they don't get freaked around here) will comfort them somewhat. they will have their toys and food there too. and catnip for a moving in treat.
    Faith in God

moving......yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hehehe
    Owned by a demanding cat. Lol

I don't mind the moving IN part, its getting the old house ready to sell and sorting the stuff that I hate!!
    Faith in God

but I still think the hand technique (UBA- leave it alone he he) is the best
    You always have to take away my fun.

This time you are responsible for ruining my keyboard. You made me spit out kool aid all over my computer table from laughing so hard.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

cataholic
    are there different designs of sponge painting? or styles of sponges?
    Faith in God

slave of 15 dogs
    thanks so much for the info!

and, Uabassoon, you aren't the only one to have that result from laughing, but when I did it , it was on my shoe (years ago)

while reading AmberLee's post I started laughing...someone please tell me I'm not the only one that sits at the computer laughing, alone...?here they come with the white jacket, help)
    Last edited by toughCookie; 12-10-2002 at 03:55 AM.
    Faith in God

T.C.

When I moved, I took everything I hadn't used in 5 years and either tossed it (depending on the condition) or donated it to my local animal shelter to sell at their fundraising tag sale. To say that it filled up 2 SUV's full is putting it mildly. But they did make some great money for the shelter.

Sponge painting is fun. I did it at my old place in my bathroom. It comes out looking like wallpaper and is really cool.

Good luck with your packing and moving. Let us know how you make out!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good Luck with the move. I'll never forget when I moved in late June. Looked at the apartment on Wednesday, signed the lease on Thursaday, picked up the keys and spent the whole night packing Friday, and moved on Saturday. I have no idea how I did it. I was so stressed and Joey really thought I'd sprouted horns. lol

My friend sponge painted her bathroom. Her base color was a dark gray and the sponge color was a lighter gray. She didn't want it to look like actual sponge marks so she put very little paint on the sponge, sponged a section of wall and then took a rag and blended/rubbed it all together. It came out pretty neat looking.

Good Luck with getting everything done...I found chocolate really does help with the stress of moving.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

moving is hard work.....just finished that last of sept. still trying to "settle in"....but its fun too.....moreso, when its over good luck...let us know of your progress!!!

I found chocolate really does help with the stress of moving.

LOL as I read this, I'm stuffing a butterfinger candy bar into my face LOL

had the inspection this morning...LOTS of things wrong
    but suposedly minor, I will have to see...the roof is one thing but I think ( ) the homeowners assoc. is responsible for that. so, not sure it will work out. I hope so!
    Faith in God

mmmmm.....another butterfinger
    Faith in God

Originally posted by toughCookie
    ...someone please tell me I'm not the only one that sits at the computer laughing, alone...?here they come with the white jacket, help)
    Guilty as charged, every time I sign on to Pet Talk! Usually sitting here laughing out loud (or sometimes cussing, depending on the topic), and stuffing my face with my 4 basic food groups: fat, sugar, caffeine, and chocolate

mmmmm, I think I have some candy hidden in a drawer somewhere........
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope