Thread: Remember me?

Remember me?

Hi Pet Talk! Most of you remember me, but some folks don't hear from me anymore via PT. I've been updating through Facebook and I only occasionally post in PT (although I check frequently). I don't think I've posted about my new "puppy" since I adopted him nearly one year ago. Both my dogs and my kitty Miss Mindy are doing wonderful, but I had a tragic loss in my fur family. My heart kitty Minion (AKA MiniMin) passed away recently. I'm pretty sure he had a stroke. I explained his sudden symptoms to our vet and made the decision to end his suffering. A few days after parting with my sweet boy, I was in PetSmart looking for some grooming tools for my labradoodle and they had the local Humane Society doing an adoption event there. Long story short, we adopted a kitten . She's lovely. She was the only girl from a litter of 4, and they were orphaned at 10 days old, so she and her brothers were bottle-fed until they were ready to be weaned. She's a total floppy, insta-purr, biscuit making lap cat and she's everything I love in kitties. My daughter named her Periwinkle.

Ollie Fuzzypants, the labradoodle, is doing wonderful. He's a big bucket of fuzz and a true clown. He's a lot of fun, but he's pretty much a fetch junkie and if you tell him to "go take his slimy ball somewhere else", he will carry it to the nearest living creature and drop it in front of them; be it a sleeping 4 year old or a puzzled lounging cat. He's a riot. I find tennis balls in my kids beds daily. He drops them in hopes they will be thrown, and then eventually forgets about them.

Boone is doing perfect, but I'm sad at how fast time flies. He just turned 7 years old. Wasn't I just holding him as a fat, fluffy puppy just a few days ago? Life really does go by fast. My kids (who I still remember having hiccups in my belly)are also growing up too fast. MY daughter, Quinn, is 6 and just graduated kindergarten. Vincent is 4 and will be going to Pre-K.

Things are going well. We took the new kitten Periwinkle to be spayed today, but they said she was sick, sold us some antibiotic, and told us to bring her next week instead. That's a bit frustrating because she's not sick, oh well. Regardless, next Tuesday (July 2nd), we're dropping her off and could use some good thoughts that her surgery and recovery goes well. Thanks

Well I've been trying to post photos of my new kitten, as well as recent ones of Boone and Ollie, but the file uploader tool won't work. I will try tomorrow again, it's late and I'm tired hehe.

Aww, of course we remember you! Welcome home! And welcome to the new kids ...
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, I remember you. Welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear about Minion. I always thought that he looked very similar to my RB Storm. I'm glad that everyone else is doing well and I look forward to seeing and hearing more about Periwinkle, Miss Mindy,Boone, & Ollie.

Good to see you back! I'm sorry about Minion. Hope to see pics of all your furkids and even human kids!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

It's not letting me upload photos saved on my computer. The hourglass just rolls and rolls. I actually let it crank all night, and it still has not uploaded anything. I'll try Photobucket I suppose.

MiniMin, my new angel kitty. Here he was perched upon my pillow, where he slept nearly every night. He really loved me, and the feeling was mutual
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9143104451_bbe046d32e_o.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	56610

Upon first meeting Periwinkle at Petsmart. She was all purrs, biscuits, and flops. She's a wonderful kitty and we all love her

Name:	9145334804_84b58a8464_o.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	56611

This was after only one day. They were already cuddeling together. Amazing!

Name:	9143104991_1c48739bda_o.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	56612

Ok so they're not cuddling, but they are close enough! This took 6 days to accomplish.

Name:	9143104385_c5d7ccc038_o.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	363.7 KB 
ID:	56613

Post hair cut. We just picked Ollie up from the groomers (he has very much the poodle coat. I'm glad that he's non-shedding like a poodle, but I could do without the expensive haircuts every couple months haha)

Name:	9143104109_3522339ebc_o.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	61.9 KB 
ID:	56614

...to be continued

He's so adorable I can hardly stand it. He's truly like a living-breathing teddy bear! Ollie Fuzzypants doing what he does best: retrieving the tennis ball!

Name:	9143104169_2f30303421_o.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	191.2 KB 
ID:	56615

My handsome boys: Ollie and Boone

Name:	9143104909_1ce0b9b5a0_o.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	238.2 KB 
ID:	56616

Handsome Mister B

Name:	9145330918_b8c07d5a99_o.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	56617

Adorable Miss Mindy. She's such a good girl

Name:	9143104295_913e1afb0b_o.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	56618

Picking Quinn up from one of her last days of Kindergarten. Ollie's a big hit with the kids at school, he's so stinking cute and huggable.

Name:	9145331640_d036629662_o.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	56619

to be continued again, then I'll be done.....

Great pictures. I'm glad you were finally able to upload them to share them with us.

This was taken yesterday after Periwinkle came back from the vets after NOT getting spayed. I think she's pleased that she didn't have surgery yesterday

Name:	9143104653_07c3388c3e_o.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	56620

This was the inch of snow that caused a snow day *sigh....Texas* **giggles**

Name:	9145331232_4c07533246_o.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	56621

One word: GROSS! If only it was just a mud puddle it wouldn't have been so bad, but the smell from this thing was unbelievable. I don't know why this mud puddle smelled so bad, but it was nauseating. At least the dogs had good fun before I bathed them when we got home from our walk

Name:	9145331688_51b12a28bf_o.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	161.8 KB 
ID:	56622

A most kissable, huggable baby boy

Name:	9143104775_d2e0c3cc6a_o.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	56623

Ok, think I'm done for now. I hope you enjoy a little glimpse into my beautiful family I hope everyone is doing well. I will try to be better about updating here, and not just Facebook.

Not sure I remember you but I love the fur kids and the two legged ones too--thanks for sharing your lovely pictures.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Gosh Periwinkle does look pretty smug in that picture, doesn't she? Glad you are back with us!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, I remember you, but under your name, you say you miss Graham. I do remember Graham and all the wonderful stories about him.

Thanks all. Losing Graham was hard, but I must say, losing Kersey was torture. I will change it to include my Kersey as soon as I figure out how

I remember you! And I remember when little Miss Quinn was just a baby and before Vincent was even thought of. You have so much cuteness going on in that house. I don't know if I could stand it. Between the skin-kids and the fur-kids.................Goodness!!!
    Welcome back!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks for the pics! Your furkids are all adorable! Your children are so cute and not so little anymore!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla