Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Photos of Taggart in Yosemite Park etc.

Some Photos of Taggart in Yosemite Park etc.

My in laws were visiting from Germany last week, so we all traveled around a little bit here in California and also made some trips over to Nevada. They rented a car so Taggart came along too and since my in laws are obsessed with taking pictures, I thought I'd share some where he is in since I haven't shared photos of him in quite a while...

He's doing very well by the way. He's turning 8 this September and still the happy, always excited, silly and hyper puppy as always. It's crazy to imagine that this dog came all the way from Faroe Islands with me and has so far lived on both coasts of the U.S! When I first met him in 2007, it was only suppose to be a temporary stay, haha!
    We've been doing agility for about a year but so far haven't competed or anything like that. We just go to class every Friday and do agility for the fun of it. If/when I get a car, I might start competing, who knows. He for sure has the talent for it and enjoys it a great deal.

Anyway, enjoy! Sorry that there are so many... it's hard to pick favorites!

Somewhere close to Mono Lake, CA.

You can see the lake here in the background.

Some more around the same spot.

Somewhere around Mammoth Lakes, CA

Taggart trying to get close to a mule or donkey (I have no idea how to tell the difference) in Virginia City, NV. A guy dressed as an old time miner was walking it around and you could feed it carrots for one dollar.

At Yosemite Park

---more coming---

His dad (my husband, Alex) trying to coax him into the water

Not so sure about this... Taggart is not the biggest fan of water.

With mom (me) he is a little more brave

Doing good...

Ooops! Got a little too deep all of a sudden!

Retreat, retreat!

Trying to reassure him that he was in fact not close to dying just because his tail got wet...

Back at the hotel, getting some food from grandpa

Can you spot the dog?

There he is. I love this picture! He looks so majestic that you almost forget how silly he really is.

Great pics of a gorgeous dog and wow the scenery! He is a cutie. My dog is a Llewellyn and she is sort of the same w/water. Why mess around w/that wet stuff when I can go sniff in the bushes. Looks like all had a great time and weather.

Soo nice to see you again, Taggart! What beautiful scenery, it's kind of a weird dream but I want to travel around the country hiking with Mikey in all the National Parks. Yosemite is very impressive, any wildlife sightings?

Hello, handsome Taggart! I enjoyed these pictures of you and your family, and the beautiful scenery! You are looking very cute, fluffy and wonderful - I'm happy to enjoy these photos!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a nice place! Taggart is such a gorgeous boy! Thanks for sharing.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Great pictures. Taggart sure is handsome and he looks so happy. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Thanks for showing the photos. I enjoyed each and every one of them. My fav is the last one and yes he does look majestic. He's very beautiful and so is the scenery.

Great pictures-- just love the scenery--thanks for sharing.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

What fun pictures, and of course Taggart looks as handsome as ever, and silly - I love the water ones (the trying to convince him he is NOT close to dying just because his tail got wet made me smile) so we're glad the grandfolks came to prompt you to take and share pictures with us!

By the way, that's a donkey - mules are generally smoother and bigger, as they are half horse, half donkey, so not as shaggy a coat.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Soo nice to see you again, Taggart! What beautiful scenery, it's kind of a weird dream but I want to travel around the country hiking with Mikey in all the National Parks. Yosemite is very impressive, any wildlife sightings?
    Alyssa this is totally not weird! I have the same dream!! I've always said if I never get to Europe etc I'll be ok with that, because there's soooo much I am dying to see here in the US!

Wonderful, wonderful pictures you took! I LOVE Yosemite, it's so pretty and so peaceful!

Thanks guys :-) It was a wonderful trip but I am hoping to do it again without my inlaws. They are awesome and all but not into hiking all that much so there wasn't much chance to see wildlife. I did see some deer though... and a rattlesnake! The snake was just hiding under some rocks, so it was at a safe distance and it wasn't rattling and acting agitated. Still made my heart jump a bit though!
    I was hoping to see a bear but no luck. I did however see some bear scat (poop) Not as exciting but at least it means a bear had been nearby, haha.

I've seen that old timer and the donkey in Virginia City before too! I wish we could take our dogs up with us, but our condo (in South Lake Tahoe) doesn't allow dogs.

Where do you do agility? I've always wanted to try it (there are a lot of things I "want" to try, but I'm too lazy). We have an agility field at ARF that apparently you can rent. Just found that out last weekend.

It's great to see Taggart and the rest of the family. We still need to get together. I can't believe we live so close and have never met!

Keep in mind, I am usually at ARF every Saturday for adoptions (12-5). If you are ever bored or near there, stop on in!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by *LabLoverKEB* View Post
    Alyssa this is totally not weird! I have the same dream!! I've always said if I never get to Europe etc I'll be ok with that, because there's soooo much I am dying to see here in the US!

Wonderful, wonderful pictures you took! I LOVE Yosemite, it's so pretty and so peaceful!
    Haha let's go together, that'd be so much fun!!

That's so cool that you saw a Rattlesnake, I'd be so paranoid about stepping on one. We have Timber Rattlers up here where I'm from and they hide so well, I'm paranoid either Mikey or I will step on one. After an incident with a Northern Water Snake (non-venomous) recently it freaks me out! Mikey is so respectful of wildlife, but if he doesn't see it or smell it, that's a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I've seen that old timer and the donkey in Virginia City before too! I wish we could take our dogs up with us, but our condo (in South Lake Tahoe) doesn't allow dogs.

Where do you do agility? I've always wanted to try it (there are a lot of things I "want" to try, but I'm too lazy). We have an agility field at ARF that apparently you can rent. Just found that out last weekend.

It's great to see Taggart and the rest of the family. We still need to get together. I can't believe we live so close and have never met!

Keep in mind, I am usually at ARF every Saturday for adoptions (12-5). If you are ever bored or near there, stop on in!
    I started agility at ARF but continued on at the trainer's home course in Concord. She is awesome and a great teacher. Her website is zulustlcagility.com (sorry, can't do a proper link, I'm on my tablet). She has new classes beginning all the time, so I'm sure you could get started quickly if you wanted.

And yes! We should meet. And preferably soon! Because we've been talking about moving to Sacramento, so I don't know how long we will stay here.