Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm expecting

Such a gorgeous kitty, big congrats to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    He's not a lap cat at all. Doesn't like to really snuggle like I do, doesn't take well to grooming, but he will sit next to me and make sure some part of him is touching me.
    Sounds just like my Ebbs when she came home with me all those years ago. She's still not a lap cat but came around on the grooming, she quite likes it now.

Glad he's home and settling in. Perhaps, given time he will become more affectionate. Neither of my kitties are lap cats, something I appreciate on hot days! But when they want lovies they know where to go and they tolerate me lavishing hugs and smooches on them now and again. Oh, and the 5 am wake up call - consider yourself lucky, Cali's comes between 3-4 am!!! And she's relentless - you will get up NOW and get me wet food!!!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Ming was a Seal Point Siamese and he never liked laps at all, nor did he like to be picked up. Still, he was ALWAYS next to one of us and was the most social of all my cats. When I am ready for another cat my first choice will be another Siamese. They are very loving and loyal without being "lap cats". Smart, too.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

that sweet boy has been shuffled around so much he probably is afraid to get close to someone. He certainly looks comfy out of that cage though. Lap cat? My Angel just allows occasional chin skritches and a head pat now and then. Don't even think about picking her up.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, hello! Did you want to sit here? Well, I am already here. you have permission to adore me!" Hello, Yodi, beautiful boy!

Slick, does Yodi meow to you? One of the many things I've learned from PT is that meesers can be chatty kitties.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yodi is so handsome! Congrats and bless you for helping him out, Slick!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Oh, dearest Yodi, you look like you are settling in!

You are SAFE now, for the rest of your life, in the most WONDERFUL HOME!!!!! We are sending loads of love and skritches and head bumpies.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Just checking for an update -- hope things are going well! Happy Caturday, wonderful meowmie Slick and beautiful Yodi!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

I had to take little one to the vet today and they kept him overnight as they had to sedate him. He can get real nasty. Both of his ears have this nasty black stuff in them and I have been cleaning them on a regular basis but now his head is covered with scabs, perhaps from him scratching all the time - don't know. He has this awful head shaking too. The vet he goes to is not mine as I'm just fostering him. I have to take him on a 50 min drive each way and he does not take kindly to that. This morning he peed and pooped in his carrier and cried all the way there. Poor guy - I hope he didn't think I was going to abandon him. I asked the vet to show me his last test results in May and unfortunately his kidneys are not doing well and his T4 was off the chart. When it comes to me doing stuff to him, he turns evil and scratches and bites. Hell, when I'm that age I sure won't want someone picking at my ears..... I do my best. I pick him up tomorrow morning. I'm not very impressed with the shelter or the vet's office.

His purrsonality is really something I've never had to deal with before. He will come for pettings, but will not cuddle nor will he want to be held. He does not sleep with me at night and seems quite distant. That being said, I'm sure he still has some trust issues. Poor guy has been passed around enough but not any more. He's here to stay. His adoption fee is only $20 so I think I might buck up and make him mine. That way I can take him to my own vet who is only 5 min away. He's been there once already for a nail trim and did OK. I will wait to see his latest test results to make my decision. Money is a real concern for me right now.

**sigh**

I should also mention that other than eating very little he just curls up on the corner of the living room floor and sleeps all the time and as I watch him snooze, I can't help but wonder if he is really happier here than at the shelter.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Awww, hopefully he'll be okay! Bless you for caring so much for him, shy as he may be!
    I've Been Frosted

Unfortunately at his age I think some of these issues are expected and as you say, he has been passed around in his life - doesn't really know how to love or be loved. You are truly an angel for taking him in and giving him so much care, despite his gnarly attitude at times. I do hope he learns to relax in his new home.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    Unfortunately at his age I think some of these issues are expected and as you say, he has been passed around in his life - doesn't really know how to love or be loved. You are truly an angel for taking him in and giving him so much care, despite his gnarly attitude at times. I do hope he learns to relax in his new home.
    I agree. Do you think that he might have ear mites? If so I would think that the vet would've caught this if he does.

I wonder if the scratching and head-shaking is related to whatever is gunking up Yodi's ears. I'll say big prayers that he will feel much better soon. I'm sorry the vet is such a long drive for you and Yodi. He's beautiful and I hope that in time he will get used to being loved.

and a candle http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...g&cid=19026512

Slick, maybe he is exhausted from all the moving around and his ear problems make him more tired. He feels safe enough to sleep.

Once his ears are treated and perhaps some kind of treatment for his kidneys can be undertaken, he will feel more comfortable and therefore welcome attention more.

Thank God Yodi has you!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post

I should also mention that other than eating very little he just curls up on the corner of the living room floor and sleeps all the time and as I watch him snooze, I can't help but wonder if he is really happier here than at the shelter.

It's good that Yodi got his ears attended to. The constant pain & itching must have been madding for him. As for his sleeping, it's probably the first real restive
    sleep he's had in ages. I can't imagine it's that quiet at a shelter with so many other people & cats around all the time. Bless his heart, and bless yours for caring for
    this older gentleman.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt