Thread: my cat just started pooping in my bed

my cat just started pooping in my bed

I've had my cat Charlotte got almost 12 years now. I have her daughter, and her son passed away in August of a brain tumor. Chuck was my best friend, my everything. After Chuck passed away Charlotte and I became really close, how Chuck and I were. Charlotte sleeps with me every night and any time I'm in my room she wants to be there too. I've been unemployed since February and have been home a lot. I recently found employment and I'm never home because the people I'm working for I'm also friends with. Also my neighbor travels a lot so I spend time over there with her dog who I'm taking care of. I finally spent the night at home for the past two nights and Charlotte keeps pooping in my bed. Also she wants out of my room and doesn't seem to be willing to hang out with me, is she mad? Is it the change? I love her to death but I can't have her pooping in my bed. Im really pissed off about this and need a solution. The litter boxes are fine,

She is absolutely protesting your being away so much. You may have to shut her out of your bedroom when you are not there, and try paying her plenty of attention whenever you are home, make sure she gets playtime, etc.
    I've Been Frosted

Leave the bedroom door open so she can come and go. Absolutely, she is NOT happy with the lack of your presence!

Im pretty sure she has only pooped when I've tried to have her in my room with me, while I'm sleeping. She is a very vindictive spiteful cat. For instance, if she doesn't get to go outside during the day and even sometimes when I bring her in at dark time she will piss right in front of the litter box. If I leave my door open I'm afraid of the damage she will do. She already takes her tail, and walks down my dresser and clears it off with her tail. She is becoming very rude in her old age!! I still love her to death.

Cat's are not "vindictive" - but they do use things like where they poop to try to communicate with humans that something is wrong!

Has there been any other change, in the litterbox position or the litter you use? Think of it her way - when you haven't been there, she can wander in and out - but when you are suddenly there she gets confined all of a sudden. No wonder she's protesting!
    I've Been Frosted