Thread: T-Bone the Hero Doggie!

T-Bone the Hero Doggie!

Hi T-Bone the beautiful! Happy Dog of the Day to you! Oh, what a wonderful way to start my day, seeing that big, sweet, smiling, clownish face staring back at me! You are TOO precious for words...*smooch*! It truly is an honor, T-Bone, to be the first to congratulate you and your wonderful family on being crowned our very special and most deserving, Sunday honoree! Oh yes, you most certainly are a hero doggie, T-Bone, a true survivor, a gentle giant (translate-->mushy pushover), with a heart of gold! And your mommy and daddy (navy man, peace officer AND firefighter) are heroes too, not only for rescuing you, but for giving so many other deserving creatures a second chance at happiness (with you overseeing the entire operation, showing those pups and kitties the ropes, of course)! Reading of your start at life had me horrified, T-Bone! But thanks to your selflessly devoted, caring mom and dad you were saved from a life of unspeakable abuse, and oh, how well you are giving back, paying forward, the love and compassion shown you! And while the Dalmation may be the official firehouse mascot, I can't imagine a more loyal, a more dedicated "friend to firemen" than you! Plus, the perks and bennies are nothing to sneeze at either! Great thanks to your mom and dad for sharing your beautiful self, your touching and most inspirational story with us..not to mention all of those heart melting, laugh out loud videos! Chihuahuas??? Enjoy your big day on center stage, sweetheart, being treated to all your big heart desires and more! Lots of love, big hugs and slobbery smoochies to you, beautiful T-Bone...Hero Doggie and Dog of the Day, EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Hello, T-bone! You look very handsome and happy in the garden! It is nice to meet you this afternoon Welcome to PT!!

How wonderful that you are a mentor for foster dogs, teaching them how to be comfortable with people! That is a very nice thing to be able to do. Could you please have your person give you a huge hug for me.

Well, hello again T-bone! I met you in your introduction thread and now I want to wish you a very happy Dog of the Day! I agree with what tatsxxx11 has said about you being able to show the ropes to dogs and kitties as they learn to be part of a family, with people and maybe other pets. I'm thinking you are the best teacher! I am sending you another big hug today
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Precious T-Bone ~ Thank you so much for the laugh this morning.
    Watch out for the dangerous gangs of Chihuahua's! They look quite vicious.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

WOW!
    Thank you ALL for the sweet words! Sometimes I think that I only find T-Bone so awesome cause he is mine, so I LOVE hearing it from others!

A little more about T-Bone's story: I was VERY afraid of "Pit Bulls" growing up. My Stepfather lost a young family member (About 2 or 3 years old) to a "Pit Bull" mauling. From what I understand, it was his (The child's) grandparent's dog that he played with often. So of course the first time we (My Husband and I) walked into a pound, we ended up UNKNOWINGLY taking one home! (We thought she was just a Lab mix) T-Bone's Mother is my Brother's dog. She started out as my nephew's dog, but now my Brother just wont let her leave. He was taking care of T-Bone's father (He kinda got stuck with him after some tried to use him as payment in a debit) when hurricane Ike hit. My Brother lost his home and the two dogs were being kenneled by family. Long story short, an unexpected litter of puppy was the result. My Brother begged me and my Husband to take one, he wanted to make sure the puppies got good SAFE homes, but we kept saying no because we had also had allot of damage from Ike (Lost our roof) So a new puppy was not really a good idea. But then I saw an ad looking for art donations to help out a dog rescue. That rescue turned out to be Villalobos Rescue Center. The whole thing was done by a man named Brandon Bond who was also making a movie about him rescuing two of the now famous "Vick Dogs"
    (The movie: https://www.facebook.com/pages/VICKt...g/199925902002 ) So that pretty much sealed the deal! We not only adopted T-Bone, but my Husband found homes for his two sisters with other member's of the fire department.

Right now we are fostering a Rat Terrier named Rudy that was abandoned and FOUR kitties: Edgar & Allan both black males and their sisters Frick & Frack both tortoiseshell. The two males are T-Bone's nap time buddies while the two girls like to share dinner with him. But the best is watching him a little Rudy play! They have no clue that they are not the same size

Our family tries to use his amazing personality to help with his breed. People will say "Wow, he doesn't act like a pit bull!" and we tell them "Yes, this IS how pit bulls 'act' when they are loved."

When God told Noah to load the ark, he didn't say two of every animal but the "Pit Bull"

www.Facebook.com/ButThePitBull

Hi Manda! So nice to meet you! Wow, what an incredible story! You and your family have been through so much, but through it all, you just keep on giving back! Those are some very special pics of Daddy with his best buddy! Dad looks so proud, and T-Bone looks like the happiest dog on earth! hehe And I couldn't agree more, Manda! T-Bone makes for one amazing ambassador for Pittie love, and you and T-Bone's Dad show the world what responsible Pittie guardianship is all about! What a great family! And if you get a chance, check out today's beautiful Cat of the Day, Pyewacket, and read about the very special bond of love and trust kitty Pye and Max the Pittie, shared. Thanks for checking back, and please give T-Bone and Rat Terrier Rudy, kitties Edgar and Allan and sisters Frick and Frack, tons of hugs and cuddles, love and kisses, for me! All the best to your family and all of the furry ones, current and yet to come!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello T-Bone,

Well, you have quite a story to tell don't you sweetie. I am so happy that you have such a great
    family that loves you dearly. They seem to be heroes as well, helping folks in trouble & caring enough
    to foster other furry creatures in need. Big congratulations to you on being chosen for special honors
    as today's DOG OF THE DAY. Sending you lots of cyber hugs & kisses sweet boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt