Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gull, You've brought the sun to me...

Oh Par... I can't tell you how much my heart dropped to see this. I watched your beautiful tribute, which made me both smile and cry a bit. I loved watching your goofy Gull grow up here on PT. It seems unreal that he can have passed and so suddenly. My heart aches for you. I lost Tommy suddenly January 2012, and I know how deep and lasting that ache is, the hole their passing leaves. Loved the video.. loved Gull. I will always remember your funny little movies of he and Oz man. I remember sharing some of them with my mom who is a huge collie fan. She has a smoothie herself now.

My thoughts and my deepest sympathies are with you.

Jess, Tasha, Raven and Rudy
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks Jess! Gull was so easy to make videos for. His quirkiness was an endless well of entertainment and laughter for me. I've finally started working on an Oz tribute (he passed away at a very bad time and I wasn't up to making videos then) and sifting thru all the video of him, I'm reminded of how very different he was to Gull. He had such a majestic, dignity about him, that there's not really any whackiness on film to choose from. Both great dogs in their own unique way.

That is so cool that your Mom has a Smoothie. You'll have to post some pics.

Les...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Oh my gosh, I am so sad to see this. I understand what it was like, through the chaos of it all, no time. 2008 was that for me. My grandfather passed away in July of that year, then in October, I'm not sure if you remember my two girls, Anna and Rosie. Rosie (Beagle) passed on to the bridge first - her legs gave out on her, paralyzed her back - she couldn't calm down, she was freaking out and kept trying to crawl to the corner behind the TV set. It was time for her even though we wanted to try to save her, but the money was too much - it wouldn't help her either way, too. So we let her go. Anna held on for two more weeks after that - she just gave up, didn't want to eat or drink. She didn't care at all about anything. It broke my heart. I think it was old age too. Never really knew how old she was since we adopted her - probably 13 years old. I think she was heartbroken, and it was time for her to go as well. I was still at Ohio State so I couldn't say goodbye to the girls. It sucked, really sucked. But through it all, Mike (my boyfriend of almost 7 years) was there for me. I was and am grateful for that. My parents got Hank, a Beagle mix after Rosie passed on. My dad just thought, there's no way we're not going to have a dog after he had a feeling about Anna. Dogs are just amazing. Wish they'd be with us longer! Hope you're doing OK and just know that they are your guardian angels and now with your other dogs... just waiting to see you again someday.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm so sorry for your loss. I always think of you when I see Smooth Collies. My summer last year was similiar I had Kylie my white cat put to sleep in May and 3 weeks later Keegan. The pain was so intense I couldn't breathe for days. But now I can look back on my time with them and smile. I still miss them but part of me always will.
    Much love to you.
    Staci
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

So sorry to hear about Gull. He was one handsome pup with such a personality. I've missed seeing you on pet talk, so sad to see this update. You are loved and missed, Gull.

I've been in my own depression with the loss of Bon and I missed your post
    I'm so terribly sorry to hear this, it breaks my heart. He was such a wonderful boy and fun to watch in your videos. My deepest condolences.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks y'all for all your wonderful thoughts about Gull. We've all lost some really special dogs in our life and it's nice to come here, where people understand how deep that bond can be and what you're going thru when you lose one so close to you.

Hi anna. No worries about posting on Gull. I totally get it. I haven't gone to the other memorial threads yet, because the grief over Gull was too fresh to be able to handle it before.

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards